Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google chrome so slow

Options
  • 06-04-2013 4:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi,Just wondering if anyone has an idea how to get my chrome working back normal,all of a sudden two or 3 days ago its been very slow leading to unresponsive messages and options to kill it appear after a minute,

Before this happened it was working grand,ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and clearing history ect,

Any advice very much appreciated cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

SRFC wrote: »
    Hi,Just wondering if anyone has an idea how to get my chrome working back normal,all of a sudden two or 3 days ago its been very slow leading to unresponsive messages and options to kill it appear after a minute,

Before this happened it was working grand,ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and clearing history ect,

Any advice very much appreciated cheers.

Did you add any extensions / toolbars to it recently? Check in Control Panel then Programs / Add remove programs and see if there's anything recently installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Did you add any extensions / toolbars to it recently? Check in Control Panel then Programs / Add remove programs and see if there's anything recently installed.

Deleted loads of bookmarks and disabled the extensions and its back working grand now cheers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Deleted loads of bookmarks and disabled the extensions and its back working grand now cheers.

It was more than likely a faulty or dodgy extension causing it.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Androidlovers

I have been very frustrated with chrome hanging lately and this might have fixed it.

Advertisement