Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tummy time

Options
  • 06-04-2013 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have 11old week baby boy and is time for him to lift his head while he is lying on his tummy.Is it normal that he isn't able to do that yet and that he doesn't like it ?how can I make it more fun for him ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Totally normal. Some can, some can't. I thought 12 weeks was about the earliest.

You will get used to people telling you what theirs can or can't do at certain ages, take it all with a pinch of salt.

Colourful playmat might help him enjoy the floor. Something padded so he doesn't hurt his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

A playmat is good. There are special tummy time ones with mirrors etc which he might like. You can get down there too and keep him interested

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Totally normal, my daughter always hated tummy time, my son had no bother at all, pretty much a matter of personal preference. For her I used to put her on her tummy on my thighs facing outwards with a small cushion under her chest, or on the floor I would have to lie on my tummy facing her she would tolerate it a little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Perfectly normal. Some kids hate tummy time, others love it. It takes time for their muscles to develop before they can hold their heads up. Get a padded playmat that he can lie on safely and he'll hit this mark in his own time.

Advertisement