Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brunch in the City

Options
  • 06-04-2013 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hallo!

Looking for brunch ideas in the City, I frequent Odessa but would like to try somewhere else.

All suggestions appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

777 - YUM!
    Whitefriar Grill - lots of people rave about it but I only thought it was okay
    Lennox Cafe - So good, always jammers though as a result
    The Butcher Grill - pricey, but worth it I think
    San Lorenzos - pricey too, but was really nice and also easy to get a seat
    37 Dawson St - Didn't like this either but would give it another go
    Pepperpot - Limited menu, but if all you want is scrambled eggs then go here

(Also check opening times, few of these places are Sunday brunch only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Paris Cafe or if you're treating yourself Chapter One

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Zygnoth

Whitefriar grill - Good but busy so book ahead. Very large portions which may be good or bad thing)
    Avoca - Good quality in the mains. Very busy at weekends. Again, very large portions
    Elephant and Castle - Nice spot for people watching with a good table. Standard/good quality grub
    Boojum - For meat sweating

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laursheen

Any northside recommendations??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

laursheen wrote: »

New place at the top of Stoneybatter - Soulful Bistro do a good brunch until 3 on the weekends.

Really nice Eggs Benedict and a good full Irish grill too. I think they make their own sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

New place at the top of Stoneybatter - Soulful Bistro do a good brunch until 3 on the weekends.

Really nice Eggs Benedict and a good full Irish grill too. I think they make their own sausages.

Im pretty sure they dont make their own sausages!

But its a good spot for brunch for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

The new Vietnamese on Parnell Street - Pho Viet

or the Paris Bakery cafe on Moore street

Theres also a new food hall downstairs in the shopping mall before Lidl on Moore street - worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Bakehouse on Bachelors Walk is great. Brother Hubbard on Capel St is good, but has a limited menu.

Not northside, but Brasseries 66 on Georges St is lovely, if a tad expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

L'Gueleton or same menu upstairs in the Snail Bar/Bar with no Name (upstairs is nice & bright and airy & smells like mojitos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Im pretty sure they dont make their own sausages!

They had said on their Facebook page that they were going to do it - that was about a week before they opened.

I didn't think to ask when I was eating them, they're good though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Market Bar in George's Street Arcade. Tapas style

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

The Bakehouse on Bachelors Walk is great. Brother Hubbard on Capel St is good, but has a limited menu.

Not northside, but Brasseries 66 on Georges St is lovely, if a tad expensive.
    Do Brother Hubbard's have a brunch menu now? I'm going next Saturday for the first time in ages ... I love their scones!

Paris Bakery do a great brunch, but only until 12pm. Their pancakes are great value.
    I love Whitefriar Grill for brunch. Brasserie Sixty6 or Market Bar are also good, and I like Chez Max for a croque madame. I wasn't mad about 37 Dawson Street for brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 josh79

+1 for market bar, good food and good atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Bliss, just off wexford street is really nice and great value!

Advertisement