Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sixmilebridge 10k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wvicky01

We are pleased to announce that this years event will not only be raising funds for the local community but will also be supporting Bunratty Search & rescue, The Irish Cancer Society and Special Olympics!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

would have liked to do this as it's reasonably close, but have the athy tri sprint the next day..best of luck with it..

mossym wrote: »
    would have liked to do this as it's reasonably close, but have the athy tri sprint the next day..best of luck with it..

No worries, thanks for the good luck! Maybe next year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hoping to make this....will there be pacers this year?

Not in great shape this year so may need some inspiration to drag me around in a semi-decent time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭runningcoach

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hoping to make this....will there be pacers this year?

Not in great shape this year so may need some inspiration to drag me around in a semi-decent time :o

Think you might be mixing it up with the 10k organised by BMOH that took place on April 26th.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay in answering, have been up the walls with preparation for the event. I am not 100% sure if we have pacers or not - we have asked our local running club, Bridge Milers Olympic Harriers to give us a hand with the event and provide pacers for us. Not had confirmation yet but I am sure they will support such a local event. I will keep you posted

Think you might be mixing it up with the 10k organised by BMOH that took place on April 26th.

Maybe not mixed up but intending to do both? Our Fit Whit weekend is going ahead as planned with the 10k on Friday 31st and cycles the next day. We have asked BMOH if they might be able to provide a few pacers for us and am waiting to hear back. I'm sure they will as we are all local!

We are also pleased to announce that this years events will not only be supporting The Bridge Complex but will also be benefiting The Irish Cancer Society, Bunratty Search & Escue and The Special Olympics. All great causes that deserve supporting.

This was a great event. Numbers were up on last year and feedback from runners has been brilliant. Looking forward to next year already.

Advertisement