Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden, 2012 xbox

Options
  • 06-04-2013 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

I got madden 2012 second hand......no booklet or anything but i find it is the hardest game to try and play not very user friendly, i have played it a total of 3 times before getting fed up with it! I now intend on playing it again sometime this week before i throw it at something (a wall) has anyone any tips on how to get better?
    i did do alot of the training sessions on the game for like 4 hours and got nowhere.................

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Buy 2013 and join the league,only way you'll enjoy it and get better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i understand the logic but to fork 50 quid or there abouts on agame i just cant get into would kill me, besides i cant get it in game or extravision they wont stock it in blanch feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sorry thats a robot who has league recruitment as it's first priority.

As for Madden 12, do you know much about the game of American Football? Watch the NFL at all? It would be a help if you did, but I'm not sure how I would explain Madden to someone who doesn't know about football. What in particular are you struggling with?

ah yea love nfl, got sky sports just for it!

i just find the controls cumbersome, cant for the life of me find the sprint button.....
    i know the majority of the rules and stuff just get hammered all the time! Online and season mode

ah yea love nfl, got sky sports just for it!

i just find the controls cumbersome, cant for the life of me find the sprint button.....
    i know the majority of the rules and stuff just get hammered all the time! Online and season mode

Ah ok then you should be grand, I might be wrong on a few because it's over a year since I played M12 but I think sprint is R2? It's automatic sprint in M13 so not sure.

Stick to season mode for the moment and play low difficulty to get to grips with it. Basically your going to want to find plays that suit the team you use and get comfortable with them, find out which receivers routes work well and what passes your QB can make. Practise mode is your friend here. Running the ball use draw plays when going up the middle and Power O gets the job done if you have a speedy back.

On defence, again find something you are comfortable with. Try to mix a bit of zone in with man defence.

• Advertisement

Just to add aswell, YouTube is your friend, loads of tutorials for beginners and advanced players alike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Automatic sprint was in madden 12 I think. And I'm not a robot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Justin10

Its auto on Madden 12 but you can turn it on or off.
    The button set up should be in settings under controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

If you were a robot you'd probably deny being one if you were programmed to do so.

cheers for all the tips lads will get onto it tomorrow coz im not at home! if not there will be a cheap/ free game on adverts come next week!

• Advertisement
Advertisement