Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 32 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fúck you Mbia.

you stupid fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

F**king knew it. So sick of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    worst week of the year for me by far
    bunn, davies, azpi, capt suar
    just waiting for lamps to come on for a 5 minute cameo now

make that 2 mins

20 pts with just evra to come
    beat that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

no wonder qpr in trouble idiotic players!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    Get in Maloney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An that ends perhaps the most disappointing day of fantasy football in recent memory.

Thank fcuk I'm wildcarding. Mass exodus.

Mbia and Bosingwa both give away stupid freekicks in the same position in injury time. Harry should tell them both they won't be playing again for the rest of the season. QPR nailed on to go down now. Absolute idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

mailburner wrote: »
    make that 2 mins

20 pts with just evra to come
    beat that

I can...19 with De Gea to go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

35 with Tevez to play. Pretty shit but it seems everyone has done equally as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

That goals a kick in the teeth .

33 with De Gea and Evra to play. Looks like my decision to play Samba over Zabaleta could be a costly one. 10 f**king seconds away from finally returning something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

QPR and Fulham both concede last min goals.

Stupid game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

35 with Rooney left. Mehness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

That's FF for you - Samba was on for 6pts fifteen minutes ago, then gets booked and QPR concede in the 94th minute. Sickener for Samba owners.

On 30 for the week, have Zab tomorrow but not expecting much there. United should score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I really need yday s BP predictions for saints game to be incorrect. Captain lambert needs them :)
    Any BP predictions yet for any if today's game ? Hoping Suarez gets none

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

36 with RVP left, some worse scores, but still depressing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

26 with Rafael (hopefully) and RVP to play. Probably not looking at much, if any BPs so far either - maybe Lambert and Michu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

31 with 2 from Hill to come in. RVP and De Gea left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »

Hazard to run riot please.

That worked out well:mad:

32 with RVP to play,possibly Benteke & Michu for bp's. The DGW next week better give me 100+ points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

30 with RVP and Zab left
    Oh Samba Samba Samba, what are you doing to me?
    Samba out now anyway. For sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Will Rafael play tomorrow?

I actually think 33 with two to play will move me up in leagues. Looking through some leagues I'm in some people have struggled to even score 20, and alot are scoring 20-30.

So glad I didn't jump on the Samba bandwagon,too many here with tales of woe week in,week out as he costs them points.The "he nearly scored & will come good next week" are no good.This game is about the here & now when it comes to getting points.
    I thought people learned their lesson last season with the 'he's due a decent score' line when Suarez hit everything except the back of the net.

None of my rivals have a good score so no panic this week.Same as myself,none have RVP as captain,he'll probably get a hattrick (I hope) against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

So glad I didn't jump on the Samba bandwagon,too many here with tales of woe week in,week out as he costs them points.The "he nearly scored & will come good next week" are no good.This game is about the here & now when it comes to getting points.
    I thought people learned their lesson last season with the 'he's due a decent score' line when Suarez hit everything except the back of the net.

None of my rivals have a good score so no panic this week.Same as myself,none have RVP as captain,he'll probably get a hattrick (I hope) against City.

That

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

38pts pre bonus & RVP tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Judging by the comments here, my 42 with DDG to play looks pretty ok, as long as RVP doesnt go nuts tomorrow

went into one of my rivals team and he has benteke and it has him on 8pts! thought he got 6. could be that hes gettin 2 bps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭batistuta9

BP's are up

He did everything needed to get clean sheet points today. At 0-0 I think he was on for a BP or two. He was 10 seconds away from repaying the faith! You can't base analysis of a decision on 10 seconds. People that got Samba (me included) have been unlucky. Same as anyone that got Mertesacker in in preparation for the DGW.

Pointless coming out now and saying how it was a bad move. The game is about taking calculated risks. This one just happened to not work out, but imo it was a +EV move under the circumstances. The fact that a number of highly ranked players have/had him says as much.

In saying that, I'll be getting rid of him this week, as will a number of others. QPR are gone now and I think their heads will drop. They've also got a tough run coming up, he's not worth the risk anymore. Especially with layers like Sagna going for 4.6m

I knew those predictions were off! Not just 1 but 2 for superstar Lambert. And another 2 for Benteke, takes me up to 37. Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes yes yes 2 for King Ricky . Happy now :)

none for remy and after that goal!

Disagree.

Suarez has one purpose on a FPL managers team and that is to score attacking points, be it goals or assists. If he is not producing attacking points, then he should go.

Defenders are meant to score defensive points first and foremost, and therefore any defender from a team showing good defensive qualities who also possesses a good ability to score attacking points should be very strongly considered. In the games preceding Samba's arrival, QPR had notched recent clean sheets vs City, Chelsea and Spurs.

Samba has proven attacking threat and was expected to bolster QPRs defense. Given a highly favourable run of games at the time and Samba's 5.0 price tag, at least considering him was a complete no-brainer. Any goals Samba would have scored would have been a bonus provided QPR maintained the defensive form. In fact, I'd safely say if QPR actually got a clean sheet or two, Samba and Hill would be in the bonus points.

It's easy to use hindsight in such cases but sometimes these transfers don't work. If I could go back and make the decision again, I'd have still made the transfer in because it was a good move at the time.

Very surprised Remy and Michu got no BPs.

31 with Evans to play.

Wildcard couldn't have come at a better time.

Very surprised Remy and Michu got no BPs.

Remy and Cisse with 0 points is madness. Lambert with 2 is equally weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Gerard definitely deserved a BP after todays game, head and shoulders the best player on the pitch

Johnson getting 2 was very odd. He was one of the standout bad players, made a balls of two consecutive Liverpool attacks at the end. Must have had a high pass completion rate or something. Gerrard played well, as did Suarez, and Lucas cleared a shot off the line. Johnson was literally the last person I would have considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

31 with RVP and DDG still to play. Wouldn't be all that worried if RVP didn't play. I've got Turner to come on instead of him.

• Advertisement

A lot of people will not have a single player that scored higher than 2 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

2 BP each for Luiz and captain Benteke brings me to 40 with De Gea, Rvp and Zab to play, I'd happily take a 0-0 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

irish son wrote: »
    2 BP each for Luiz and captain Benteke brings me to 40 with De Gea, Rvp and Zab to play, I'd happily take a 0-0 tomorrow.

I hope they all get sent off after each one missing a penalty and scoring an OG!

Benteke is a must have IMO considering Villa are fighting for their lives. £7.2 and he has scored 8,6,6 and 7 in his last four games.

Benteke is a must have IMO considering Villa are fighting for their lives. £7.2 and he has scored 8,6,6 and 7 in his last four games.

Have him since GW 26 (I left him on the bench for Mata who scored 1 while Benteke got 10) he's only scored low for me once & is one of the few players who's scoring regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

17 points with RVP and Zab to play. What a disaster of a week. Thankfully most people struggled too.

• Advertisement

I have Benteke, Lambert and Suarez. I'd like to have Berbs for the DGW but just can't see how I can drop any of these.

Tables are getting updated. Still 6 points off cracking back into the top 10k, think Samba could have gotten me a bit closer but can't complain. Evra is now my differential, need him to outscore RVP tomorrow.

1 bp for Turner and 2 for Lambert. 34 with 2 to come in from Hill so 36. RVP and De Gea left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm on 24 with Rooney to play tomorrow, as usual I avoided this place when things didn't go my way, just can't be listening to ye:P, Samba a couple of seconds away from a clean sheet that looked very unlikely and he contributed handsomely to the effort, he was being double teamed on set pieces and to be honest I haven't given up on him, he'll play every game and he's not a priority for me to dump at this stage, he WILL score at least two goals this season

I haven't given up on him, he'll play every game and he's not a priority for me to dump at this stage, he WILL score at least two goals this season

That's where you're going wrong.Plenty of better options out there.QPR are going down & your faith in Samba is dragging you down too.

That's where you're going wrong.Plenty of better options out there.QPR are going down & your faith in Samba is dragging you down too.

I'd have to agree. Samba is a top player for a mid table team but there's a reason top teams haven't taken him.

As he showed Monday night, he is prone to lapses of concentration making some terrible errors.

He's good for a goal but when looking at his goals and assists ratio at Blackburn you have to remember Big Sam used to throw him up front at the end of games and he was also a target for 90% of set pieces.

Harry doesn't seem to be utilising him as much. Now if Tony Pulis picked him up....

• Advertisement
Advertisement