Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 32 Matchday Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rafael must have given away possession under no pressure atleast 5/6 times in the first half which cant have helped his ppi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

36 for the week,meh but still green arrows which means at least I didn't do as badly as many others.

Roll on the dgw-7 players with 2 games for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

roryc wrote: »
    This is unfortunately true. I definitely think it should be changed though?

Why though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Do you not think a shot that hits the post/bar deserves positive PPI rather than negative? It's all subjective but I think a shot on target is more often less of a threat than a shot that hits the woodwork, as this generally means the keeper was beaten. Keepers do not let a ball go past them unless they are sure it's going wide, they would never risk it on the basis it will hit the woodwork. If you want to be pedantic then obviously a shot that hits the woodwork would never have gone in.

Think how many shots on target a player has in a match, generally a lot of them can be tame, yet the strikers will get +PPI for this. Hitting the woodwork is nearly always very close to being a goal, unless the striker hits the outside of it from an acute angle. Yet they are treated the same as shooting 10 foot wide.

IMO it should actually get more positive PPI points than a shot on target! Like I said above a lot of these can generally not be classed as 'real' chances, simply a shot that would have gone in if a defender/keeper had not got in the way.

It would be good if someone did some statistical analysis on this though, I would be confident that there's a solid case to be put forward for hitting the woodwork to be classed as +PPI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

23 for the week.... with a 4 point hit to boot! meh!! :mad: A lot is resting on whether or not i brought in the right players for the DGW 6 to play twice hopefully they can do the business! Private leagues are all so close at the top!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I feel like Tony Pulis,nothing is going right these last 4 Gw's.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

roryc wrote: »
    This is unfortunately true. I definitely think it should be changed though?

This will never be changed - every game statistic counts it as off target, not just fpl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

27 . My worst score all season down 600 places to 3037

Advertisement