Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage cert

• 06-04-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi. could I have your help reading a cert again guys? Its a marriage cert and im finding parts of this one difficult. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Elizabetha wrote: »
    Hi. could I have your help reading a cert again guys? Its a marriage cert and im finding parts of this one difficult. Thanks.

June 16th Thomas Doran Bachelor Labourer??? 10 Fitzgibbon St James Doran Baker

Anna O'Hara Spinster 45 N Charlemont/Clarendon St??

Joseph O'Hara Cabinet Maker?

Thomas Doran W. O'HARA
    Anna O'Hara Elizabeth Mary Murray?

11 September 1925/1926?

Church of St. Agatha Nth. William Street.

Priest looks like Myles O'R.......

I can't make out fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

any chance you could do a higher resolution scan ?
    The image seem to be about 100dpi - a smaller scan of the the cert at around 300 or 600 dpi if possible

from what I can make out so far
    date : 16 th June 1924
    Church : St. Agatha's, Nrth. William St., Dublin,

Groom: Thomas Doran / full age/ Bachelor / Labourer / add. 10 Fitzgibbon St.
    father : James Doran, occ: baker

Bride: Anne[?] O'Hara / full age / spinster / add: 45 Nrth. Clarence St.
    (name looks like Clara at one place, but signature looks like Anne.)
    father: Joseph O'Hara / Cabinet Maker

Priest : Myles O'Rourke C.C.
    Witnesses : W. O'Hara & Elizabeth Mary Murray[?]

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Elizabetha

Thanks guys, its a scanned image which was emailed to me Shane, I dont think I can adjust it but I think the info you gave is spot on going by the rest of my records so thanks for that

Advertisement