Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 33 Transfers.

• 06-04-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭

Finally going to use Wildcard this week, Santi,Baines,Monreal,Riether,Fellani and Rafael in the plan so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I'll be bringing Fellaini in, and almost certainly taking at least 1 points hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Sissoko to Fellaini, I'll have 5 for the DGW. I need to gid rid of Pog and Harte soon, been awful recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Whats the story with Mertesacker, will he miss one or both of the dgw? Did Sagna do enough today to pretty much guarantee his place?
    (Sorry it's all questions:o!)

I'm thinking Sissoko to Fellaini and Harte to Sagna(or Davies to Koscielny)

That'll give me Sagna, Santi, Felli, Berbatov and Rooney for the dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Whats the story with Mertesacker, will he miss one or both of the dgw? Did Sagna do enough today to pretty much guarantee his place?
    (Sorry it's all questions:o!)

I'm thinking Sissoko to Fellaini and Harte to Sagna(or Davies to Koscielny)

That'll give me Sagna, Santi, Felli, Berbatov and Rooney for the dgw.
    mert out for one game.Saw the Highlights sagna did alright nearly scored. Bar injury sagna will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Have Kyle Walker in my team who won't play next week and Craig Gardner of Sunderland too, 1.3 million in the bank.

Which of these two scenarios is best:

1. Walker to Evra (most likely United player to play DGW after rest?) and keep Gardner (who is on 9 yellows but hopefully won't get a 10th before Sunderland good fixtures). - no points hit.

2. Walker to Demel(WHam) or Reither (Fulham) + Gardner to Fellaini for -4 hit.

I don't expect Demel to score much over the DGW, and Fulham have tough fixtures ahead. Everton also have a few tricky fixtures after the DGW too. I think Evra very likely to keep one clean sheet in the DGW, possibly two....

Current team if anyone is interested is:

Mignolet, 3.9 nobody,
    Enrique, Baines, Sagna, Walker, Harte,
    Hazard, Mata, Cazorla, Gardner, Townsend (QPR)
    Van Persie, Lambert, Sturridge.

Any thoughts? Thinking option 1 the best although i'd like Fellaini ideally. I won't do anything 'till i see Evra back on Monday night anyway. I got Hazard in for this week and next couple, obviously its a bit of an overkill having him and Mata but i will downgrade RVP after the game against Villa and ditch a Chelsea midfielder for Bale.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Have Kyle Walker in my team who won't play next week and Craig Gardner of Sunderland too, 1.3 million in the bank.

Which of these two scenarios is best:

1. Walker to Evra (most likely United player to play DGW after rest?) and keep Gardner (who is on 9 yellows but hopefully won't get a 10th before Sunderland good fixtures). - no points hit.

2. Walker to Demel(WHam) or Reither (Fulham) + Gardner to Fellaini for -4 hit.

I don't expect Demel to score much over the DGW, and Fulham have tough fixtures ahead. Everton also have a few tricky fixtures after the DGW too. I think Evra very likely to keep one clean sheet in the DGW, possibly two....

Current team if anyone is interested is:

Mignolet, 3.9 nobody,
    Enrique, Baines, Sagna, Walker, Harte,
    Hazard, Mata, Cazorla, Gardner, Townsend (QPR)
    Van Persie, Lambert, Sturridge.

Any thoughts? Thinking option 1 the best although i'd like Fellaini ideally. I won't do anything 'till i see Evra back on Monday night anyway. I got Hazard in for this week and next couple, obviously its a bit of an overkill having him and Mata but i will downgrade RVP after the game against Villa and ditch a Chelsea midfielder for Bale.
    Thanks.

out of those 2 scenario's i think i'd go for the first one, i wouldn't be too keen on getting demel in, they're fixtures aren't the best for the dgw, can't see them keeping a cs and everytime demel looks to have his place he gets dropped.
    so out of those 2 i'd go for the evra option but just to give you more food for thought, have you considered your goalkeeper situation?

maybe bring de gea in for mignolet instead of the evra transfer? you'll still have united cover and de gea is more likely to play both games.
    you'll also still have walker for the dgw spurs will have (prob in gw36)

another option is to bring fabianski in for mignolet and then still bring in fellaini for gardner. fabianksi played again today so should play both dgw games.

or if sturridge doesn't start tomorrow it might be time to ditch him?
    if anichebe had a half decent game tomorrow he's dead cheap at 4.3 for the dgw and it should leave you enough to get rid of deadwood from your defence, ian harte for evra. becuase unlike walker who will be back for gw 34, harte looks unlikey to feature again soon and is wasting a place in your team. in this particular scenario though i think zabaleta might be just as good an option as evra, he doesn't have a dgw but evra has 2 away games against stoke and west ham, i can see 1 cs maximum there, zabaleta is at home to wigan, they also have home games with norwich and west ham to come and a dgw too.

Cheers Hogey, i have wanted De Gea in for a while now, but what has been putting me off is that once the league is wrapped up will Lindegaard play GW38 at a minimum. I've no reserve keeper. Mignolet, to be fair to him, racks up the points with saves, but yes De Gea will outscore him comfortably in the DGW so maybe its a better option alright. I'll hold off today and think about it.

Cheers Hogey, i have wanted De Gea in for a while now, but what has been putting me off is that once the league is wrapped up will Lindegaard play GW38 at a minimum. I've no reserve keeper. Mignolet, to be fair to him, racks up the points with saves, but yes De Gea will outscore him comfortably in the DGW so maybe its a better option alright. I'll hold off today and think about it.

yeah there's a good chance that Lindegard will get 1 game if the league is wrapped up early, fergie usually likes to reward the squad players too.

De gea is due to rise tonight although i suspect you'd want to wait until after his game tomorrow anyway.

or with mignolet as your number 1 would you have enough cash (and still have money for a second transfer) to bring fabianski in for your 3.9 keeper, would only cost you .4, gets rid of deadwood and gives you a dgw player with good fixtures. you'd still have mignolet there to rotate or if indeed szcezney comes back in near the end of the season.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    yeah there's a good chance that Lindegard will get 1 game if the league is wrapped up early, fergie usually likes to reward the squad players too.

De gea is due to rise tonight although i suspect you'd want to wait until after his game tomorrow anyway.

or with mignolet as your number 1 would you have enough cash (and still have money for a second transfer) to bring fabianski in for your 3.9 keeper, would only cost you .4, gets rid of deadwood and gives you a dgw player with good fixtures. you'd still have mignolet there to rotate or if indeed szcezney comes back in near the end of the season.

Yeah, that might be better alright. I was going for a United defender or goalkeeper as i already have Sagna in defence but with Arsenal having two home games its probably no more risk doubling up on them at the back as it is having United with two away fixtures. Hadn't really considered the Zabaleta option for later on, i've generally avoided City all season bar a brief ownership of Silva, but with a future DGW i'll probably need one defender i suppose. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Davies for Sagna will be my first transfer,then Sissoko to Fellaini.Davies has given me nothing but grief since I got him in,conceding goals & getting booked every time he sets foot on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

I have Santi, O'Brien, DDG and RVP for the DGW. Considering selling Michu for Fellaini and Lambert for Giroud. What do you guys think of that plan? I've had Michu from the very start but maybe it's time to let him go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

G1032 wrote: »
    I have Santi, O'Brien, DDG and RVP for the DGW. Considering selling Michu for Fellaini and Lambert for Giroud. What do you guys think of that plan? I've had Michu from the very start but maybe it's time to let him go??

He keeps scoring and has a DGW coming up,I'm keeping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I think if people get rid of Michu they will be sorry. He scored last week and was very very unlucky to not get two more.

He scored again yesterday and it seems he was also unlucky not to have got one or two more.

Who are the rest of your midfielders along with Michu and Cazorla?

I won't be getting rid of Michu. More likely Bale or Mata will make way for Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I think if people get rid of Michu they will be sorry. He scored last week and was very very unlucky to not get two more.

He scored again yesterday and it seems he was also unlucky not to have got one or two more.

Scored one.
    One disaollowed.
    Missed a great chance at the end.
    Back in his favourite position off the front man.
    I hope everyone sells.i won't ;)

Mata, Hazard and Puncheon

Which one of these would you bench for GW33?

Zabaleta - home to Wigan
    Mata - away to Fulham
    Sissoko - home to Sunderland
    Lambert - home to West Ham
    Benteke - home to Fulham

A lot will rely on their performance today, but atm I'm leaning towards Sissoko who is having a bit of a dry spell. Facing struggling Sunderland at home in a derby is worrying though.

roryc wrote: »
    Which one of these would you bench for GW33?

Zabaleta - home to Wigan
    Mata - away to Fulham
    Sissoko - home to Sunderland
    Lambert - home rto West Ham
    Benteke - home to Fulham

A lot will rely on their performance today, but atm I'm leaning towards Sissoko who is having a bit of a dry spell. Facing struggling Sunderland at home in a derby is worrying though.

Sissoko

Sissoko

Mata !

I'm debating getting rid of Mata this week, which would make my decision for me. It's a toss up between him and Bale. If he comes on for a 1 point cameo today he's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Mata, Hazard and Puncheon
    Mata or Hazard for Fellaini so. See how Chelsea get on today.

I would be getting rid of Puncheon too. He has only played 62 mins in the last 4 games. (Doubt you have money in the bank for Puncheon to Fellaini).

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

zerks wrote: »
    Davies for Sagna will be my first transfer,then Sissoko to Fellaini.Davies has given me nothing but grief since I got him in,conceding goals & getting booked every time he sets foot on the field.

+1 on Davies to Sagna. He's been awful lately. Consecutive 0's too. Time for Davies the get off my gravy train!

Mata or Hazard for Fellaini so. See how Chelsea get on today.

I would be getting rid of Puncheon too. He has only played 62 mins in the last 4 games. (Doubt you have money in the bank for Puncheon to Fellaini).

No. Don't think he's ever played for me. Just a bench player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Anyone know how likely Walcott is to play in one or both of Arsenal's games? I could switch him for santi cazorla or fellaini.
    Otherwise I could bring in a defender on a double gameweek. Probably Ferdinand in for Bassong, or De Gea for Begovic. Would like to do the latter in any case really, since I would expect De Gea to easily score more than 4 points mor ethan Begovic next week, although that would remove most of the other options I just listed.
    I have 1.7 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

roryc wrote: »
    I'm debating getting rid of Mata this week, which would make my decision for me. It's a toss up between him and Bale. If he comes on for a 1 point cameo today he's gone.

Mata has started today

Craig Gardner tenth yellow today, so a two match ban i assume. Fck sake, was really relying on him to not pick up that card.

How did Mata play? Didn't catch the Chelsea game. It's a toss up between him and Bale to dump for Fellaini. Chelsea are away at Fulham and then away at Liverpool after that, and they are definitely off form lately, so leaning towards Mata.

Anyone know how likely Walcott is to play in one or both of Arsenal's games? I could switch him for santi cazorla or fellaini.
    Otherwise I could bring in a defender on a double gameweek. Probably Ferdinand in for Bassong, or De Gea for Begovic. Would like to do the latter in any case really, since I would expect De Gea to easily score more than 4 points mor ethan Begovic next week, although that would remove most of the other options I just listed.
    I have 1.7 in the bank.

wenger said that walcott has a chance of being back for the next game. should probably know more towards the weekend. i have him and unless he's definetley ruled out of both i'll keep him. that being said, i have cazorla too, if i didn't i might consider that switch if walcott is still doubtful.

Will Felliani def come straight back into team .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

How did Sissoko perform today? I was going to keep him if he got some score, but now not too sure... I have Gerrard, but want him for the Reading game.

Advertisement