Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 33 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My man RVP still haven't sold him but he is in the last chance saloon for this double Gameweek :D

I have him back in since the reading game so were on the same side now will hold him till the villa game and could end up captaining him this week. Hope your still winning that money league of yours, getting rvp back in has me in danger of losing mine;) . Mirallas could work out well for you, Im thinking of anichebe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think I have settled on my wildcard defense. I'm wondering what ye think?

dgw33def_zps0993afca.jpg

So De Gea, Sagna, Rafael and Baines will be my defence for GW33. Come GW36, Robles, Nastasic and McCauley (or Spurs defender) will all have a double. By transferring out one other defender, I'll have a defence that will all have DGW36 (providing the doubles all land there).

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think I have settled on my wildcard defense. I'm wondering what ye think?

dgw33def_zps0993afca.jpg

So De Gea, Sagna, Rafael and Baines will be my defence for GW33. Come GW36, Robles, Nastasic and McCauley (or Spurs defender) will all have a double. By transferring out one other defender, I'll have a defence that will all have DGW36 (providing the doubles all land there).

Nice selection if Id a wildcard my keepers would be Fabianski and Robles. Fab has better fixtures than DDG this week and DDG could be rotated near the end of the season. The 1.4 saved could be used to upgrade elsewhere when you consider your not planning on playing DDG every week.
    I think Sagna, Baines, nastasic and rafael are all excellent picks and I like your strategy. Mccauley I wouldnt be into personally, granted hes a bit of a goal threat but with the money saved on ddg you could do mcaauley to verthongen or save even more money and get dawson.

Nice selection if Id a wildcard my keepers would be Fabianski and Robles. Fab has better fixtures than DDG this week and DDG could be rotated near the end of the season. The 1.4 saved could be used to upgrade elsewhere when you consider your not planning on playing DDG every week.
    I think Sagna, Baines, nastasic and rafael are all excellent picks and I like your strategy. Mccauley I wouldnt be into personally, granted hes a bit of a goal threat but with the money saved on ddg you could do mcaauley to verthongen or save even more money and get dawson.

Excellent advice.

As you might have seen, I can save a million here and there if I wanted. In addition to DDG to Fabianski, I could change Evra to Rafael or Baines to Jagielka if needed.

I want Vertonghen but might get him in GW36. McCauley is a decent goal threat so Nastasic, Vertonghen and McCauley should be a super defence for GW36.

Excellent advice.

As you might have seen, I can save a million here and there if I wanted. In addition to DDG to Fabianski, I could change Evra to Rafael or Baines to Jagielka if needed.

I want Vertonghen but might get him in GW36. McCauley is a decent goal threat so Nastasic, Vertonghen and McCauley should be a super defence for GW36.

Oh how Id love a wildcard now. I always thought that the first international break was the best time to play it but the way the fixtures have panned out I think this is the best week of the season to use it now.

Oh how Id love a wildcard now. I always thought that the first international break was the best time to play it but the way the fixtures have panned out I think this is the best week of the season to use it now.

I use it at that exact time (GW3) every single year. It helps me remove any dead weight before they lose me value and I can focus on getting the players that are doing well.

This year, I was lucky to have a superb start (had Michu, RVP etc) and none of my players were dropping in price so I decided to hold onto it.

Thankfully the DGWs fell where they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Would ye be optimistic about De Gea playing both games, especially away to 2 physical sides who rely on aerial balls. I'm thinking Begovic to De Gea but I'm unsure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah a wildcard is gold now the way the fixtures have gone. Like above I wouldn't go with McAuley, Vertonghen is a better choice but like you say you can get him in after the City game in 34. I would imagine that 5th defender slot will not play GW33

Why not get Zabaleta in, double up on City defenders in 35 then swap him out for Vertonghen for 36 IF Spurs have a DGW. If the fixtures get messed around and the DGW's are spread apart you could hit the jackpot having a City player for their DGW then a Spurs for their one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Looking at 2 transfers for the DGW in mind-

1) Clark to Baines/evra or Rafael

2) Bale to Fellaini

Any recommendations/comments on the proposed?

Team @ present
    de Gea- Bunn
    Dawson-Demel-Sagna-Shaw-Clark
    Santi-Mata-Bale-Sissoko-Townsend
    Suarez-Van Persie-Benteke

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah a wildcard is gold now the way the fixtures have gone. Like above I wouldn't go with McAuley, Vertonghen is a better choice but like you say you can get him in after the City game in 34. I would imagine that 5th defender slot will not play GW33

Why not get Zabaleta in, double up on City defenders in 35 then swap him out for Vertonghen for 36 IF Spurs have a DGW. If the fixtures get messed around and the DGW's are spread apart you could hit the jackpot having a City player for their DGW then a Spurs for their one.

The 4th and 5th defender won't be playing GW33. They will have doubles GW36.

I currently have Zabaleta in the team. I haven't transferred him out yet. I think Zabaleta will have lots of competition for his place now Richards and Maicon are back.

The reason I have McCauley in there right now is that I don't want a 6.5m defender on the bench that week. The more I think about it, the more I might just do it (funder permitting). It would probably be my most expensive defense ever though, and that concerns me greatly.

So it would be

De Gea (Robles)
    Evra Baines Sagna (Vertonghen) (Nastasic)

Midfieldwise, I'm looking at Cazorla and Fellaini for certain. I'm mulling over the idea of having Pienaar and another Arsenal midfielder in there. If there is any idea of Kagawa getting games, he will be in there. The fifth mid (non playing) would be James McCarthy.

Up front, everything is in the air. Suarez will probably stay or I might take a gamble on Aguero.

• Advertisement

Looking at 2 transfers for the DGW in mind-

1) Clark to Baines/evra or Rafael

2) Bale to Fellaini

Any recommendations/comments on the proposed?

Team @ present
    de Gea- Bunn
    Dawson-Demel-Sagna-Shaw-Clark
    Santi-Mata-Bale-Sissoko-Townsend
    Suarez-Van Persie-Benteke

Can you do Sissoko to Fellaini and Clark to Rafael?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Current defence & midfield:
    Zab (6.1) - Demel (4) - Samba (4.9) - Davies (4.3) - Harte (3.8)
    Michu (7.8) - Bale (10.2) - Sissoko (6.5) - Santi (9.8) - Schneiderlin (4.7)

I had planned a few weeks ago that Fellaini & Sagna were my two picks for this week (-4). But it's pretty obvious now I can't do that.

So I'm wondering which one is more valuable for the DGW. Ideally I'd love both but I can't see how it can be done.

Sagna - two home games but Arsenal aren't exactly airtight at the back.
    BigHair - well rested and has an enticing home game against leaky QPR (11 conceded in their last 4 away fixtures). But it means getting rid of Michu.

My hand was forced last week to eject Walcott or Bale. If it hadn't happened then I'd have two FT's to play with this week and take a -4 hit to get both in.

I'm leaning towards Sagna because if it's BigHair I'll probably lose Michu.

HELP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Can you do Sissoko to Fellaini and Clark to Rafael?

Unfortunately not enough $$$. Would have 5.0 to replace Clarke. I could gamble Heitinga to start both dgw games possibly.

I take on board with the future dgw for spurs & bale super fast recovery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

After wildcarding I now have the below team(7 with dgw) with 1.4 remaining
    Federici - de Gea
    Zabaleta - Sagna - Baines - Clyne - Shaw
    Gerrard - Santi Cazorla - Marveaux - Fellaini - Michu
    Van Persie - Lambert - Berbatov

Any suggestions on how to improve? have Michu, Lambert and Van Persie long term so not inclined to ship them.
    Main question is Gerrard, are there better options(maybe a GW36 DGW player)?
    Also should i change federici(worth 4.3 to me).
    Thanks.

dave13 wrote: »
    Federici - de Gea

Any suggestions on how to improve? have Michu, Lambert and Van Persie long term so not inclined to ship them.
    Thanks.

Robles for Wigan. 4.0, seems to have taken the No. 1 jersey and is a good replacement for Federici.

If you are considering Gerrard out, you might look at Silva. City are looking dangerous again and they will have a double soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Do we have a list of exactly what double games could be in GW 36? As it stands the only guaranteed one is Wigan v Swansea. Who do City, Spurs, West Brom etc still have to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

The 4th and 5th defender won't be playing GW33. They will have doubles GW36.

I currently have Zabaleta in the team. I haven't transferred him out yet. I think Zabaleta will have lots of competition for his place now Richards and Maicon are back.

The reason I have McCauley in there right now is that I don't want a 6.5m defender on the bench that week. The more I think about it, the more I might just do it (funder permitting). It would probably be my most expensive defense ever though, and that concerns me greatly.

So it would be

De Gea (Robles)
    Evra Baines Sagna (Vertonghen) (Nastasic)

Midfieldwise, I'm looking at Cazorla and Fellaini for certain. I'm mulling over the idea of having Pienaar and another Arsenal midfielder in there. If there is any idea of Kagawa getting games, he will be in there. The fifth mid (non playing) would be James McCarthy.

Up front, everything is in the air. Suarez will probably stay or I might take a gamble on Aguero.

Instead of having a second Arsenal or Everton mid, would it be worth having Yaya Toure in your team? Home to Wigan in GW33 and then obviously will have a DGW too. With my WC I'm looking at a midfield of

Cazorla Fellaini Toure Gervinho (Michu)-on bench

The only one I'm not convinced of yet is Gervinho. He's on a great run of form though

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

dave13 wrote: »
    Federici - de Gea

Thanks.
    Get Wigans Robles in for Federici. It will save you .3 and I would fancy Wigan to do better than Reading at the back for the rest of the season. Also Wigan have two games on GW36 when Man Utd play Chelsea so he would be a good option that week.

Having Clyne and Shaw both of Southampton at the back is not a great idea really. Southampton only kept a first clean sheet in 9 games lastweek.

I would replace one with Turner of Norwich (4.2) or Dawson of Spurs (4.5).

Norwich have 3 home games left against Reading, Aston Villa and West Brom. Points potential there for Turner in those 3 games. Norwich also have Stoke away on GW35 and i would fancy that as a 0-0 draw.

Dawson has no game this week and City next week but then he has Wigan (A), Southampton (H), Stoke (A) and Sunderland (H). He will also have a DGW one of those weeks.

I would be looking at getting Bale in for Gerrard when Bale is fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

roryc wrote: »
    Do we have a list of exactly what double games could be in GW 36? As it stands the only guaranteed one is Wigan v Swansea. Who do City, Spurs, West Brom etc still have to play?

I'm pretty sure the DGW games are:
    Wigan vs Swansea
    Chelsea vs Spurs
    City vs WBA (not sure wh'os at home here)

The bottom 2 have TBC.

I'll be loooking to have the following midfield - Bale, Maloney, Silva, Hazard, Michu and also bring in Aguero and Verthonghen. This week makes it tricky though as it's tempting to ditch some of these players.

• Advertisement

Fellaini and Anichebe in for Sessegnon & Weimann. Four point hit but decided to go for it as Everton have a decent run in. Couldn't bring myself to take a point hit to bring in a defender (Sagna for Mertesacker).

Team for this gameweek:

Begovic
    Davies Clyne Mertesacker Clichy
    Walcott Michu Fellaini Cazorla (C) Hazard
    Anichebe

Bench: Federici, Suarez, RVP, Turner

...team set up to annoy the other people in my league.

Dónal wrote: »
    Fellaini and Anichebe in for Sessegnon & Weimann. Four point hit but decided to go for it as Everton have a decent run in. Couldn't bring myself to take a point hit to bring in a defender (Sagna for Mertesacker).

Team for this gameweek:

Begovic
    Davies Clyne Mertesacker Clichy
    Walcott Michu Fellaini Cazorla (C) Hazard
    Anichebe

Bench: Federici, Suarez, RVP, Turner

...team set up to annoy the other people in my league.

I was just about the fcuk you out of it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Wenger on Wilshere and Walcott…
    'Jack has joined normal training since Wednesday and Theo should join in tomorrow. They are 90 per cent available for Saturday.'

Doubt Walcott will start Saturday. Think he'll come off the bench second half, maybe start in midweek. Cazorla will play both games for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

keep silva and kone or spend 1ft on fellaini+aguero? so that would be a -4pt hit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Mata or Jarvis with a DGW?

Jarvis has done literally nothing since I got him but this week might be his time to shine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I have him back in since the reading game so were on the same side now will hold him till the villa game and could end up captaining him this week. Hope your still winning that money league of yours, getting rvp back in has me in danger of losing mine;) . Mirallas could work out well for you, Im thinking of anichebe.

19pts ahead of 2nd & 24 ahead of 3rd....two out of three have RVP, I am going to captain him this week. He will still want to win the Golden Boot & Fergie will also want him to win it along with the league.

Mirallas a big risk, as 3rd Striker but looking to get some differential into me team & I like that he is in good form at the moment.

Hopefully, your own luck improves & RVP/Anichebe deliver!

• Advertisement

jolim24601 wrote: »
    keep silva and kone or spend 1ft on fellaini+aguero? so that would be a -4pt hit for me.

If I knew Aguero would start Id consider him.But you would have to think he will start Sunday against chelsea and the following week at spurs making him doubtful to also start the wigan game, as hes just returning from injury. Ill be getting him in after the spurs game though

Coutinho to Fellani for a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I brought Lampard in last gameweek... he played 2 minutes! NICE! He also played last night, if he plays at the weekend against City you would have to think he will sit out for the Fulham game? Not sure if i should risk it and hang on to him and hope for the best or bring in somebody else who i dont have to worry about getting his game! My other mids are Cazorla, Sissoko, Fellaini and Marveaux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is there any defender worth subbing Davies out for? for an 8-point hit?

i've already taken hits to get Fellaini and Cazorla in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

SlickRic wrote: »
    is there any defender worth subbing Davies out for? for an 8-point hit?

i've already taken hits to get Fellaini and Cazorla in.

nevermind.

i'm doing Davies
    > Turner next week.

my only issue is whether to do Sturridge to Berba for that added points hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Is it worth taking a hit to transfer out Mata and bring in Fellaini?
    I have Hazard, Santi, Michu and Puncheon as my other mids

G1032 wrote: »

Michu doesn't have a game this week and Puncheon is down as a doubt so might be worth your while making sure you can field at least 3 guaranteed starters alright, id take Mata over Hazard though!

I wouldnt take mata out he has 18 goals and 31 assists in all competitions granted he hasnt had many returns lately in the league but hes still in good form. He got a rest last night would be very surprised if he didnt start v fulham. Fellani has some tough fixtures after the double and mata will have a dgw.

I wouldnt take mata out he has 18 goals and 31 assists in all competitions granted he hasnt had many returns lately in the league but hes still in good form. He got a rest last night would be very surprised if he didnt start v fulham. Fellani has some tough fixtures after the double and mata will have a dgw.
    Michu doesn't have a game this week and Puncheon is down as a doubt so might be worth your while making sure you can field at least 3 guaranteed starters alright, id take Mata over Hazard though!

How about selling Hazard for Fellaini?

Everyone here seems to be bringing in Fellaini. They have a tough game against Arsenal for their second game. He'd need to score 6 in that to cover the transfer assuming he gets the same points as Mata in the other game.

Just not sure if its worth the hit???? But he could bang in a couple in the weekend match.......

How about selling Hazard for Fellaini?

Everyone here seems to be bringing in Fellaini. They have a tough game against Arsenal for their second game. He'd need to score 6 in that to cover the transfer assuming he gets the same points as Mata in the other game.

Just not sure if its worth the hit???? But he could bang in a couple in the weekend match.......
    Im keeping hazard and mata and am debating getting fellani in for sissoko its more of a defensive move though because as you say everyone will have him.
    Ill be selling fellani for michu next week if I do get him in.
    Its a tough one for you though as only selling mata, hazard, michu will finance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Gone all out for the DGW

dKUVR3G.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Gone all out for the DGW

dKUVR3G.png

:eek:

let us know how many points you get :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

miller82 wrote: »
    :eek:

let us know how many points you get :)

Probably about 20 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Gone all out for the DGW

dKUVR3G.png

I'd fancy Lambert to get more points than O'Brien. I'd have Lambert Berbatov and RVP up front for this week and play a 3-4-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

thunderdog wrote: »
    I'd fancy Lambert to get more points than O'Brien. I'd have Lambert Berbatov and RVP up front for this week and play a 3-4-3

i'd second this motion

• Advertisement

Im keeping hazard and mata and am debating getting fellani in for sissoko its more of a defensive move though because as you say everyone will have him.
    Ill be selling fellani for michu next week if I do get him in.
    Its a tough one for you though as only selling mata, hazard, michu will finance it.
    Ya. I think I'm going to leave it and keep the two Chelsea players. It's fast approaching money season now and I'm ahead in my three money leagues. I can't see anyone behind me bringing in Fellaini without making big sacrifices elsewhere. What happens in the boards league happens and if not having Fellaini means I drop down in that then so be it. No money to be won here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

After my 2 month excursion to the Orient my team has fallen almost 60,000 places despite keeping a quarter of an eye on things. Even brought in Young last week as a risk and reward, pure waste of a transfer. Anyway as I return on this glorious DGW I put forward my 16 point hit team of:

DDG
    Baines, Rafael, Enrique
    Fellaini,Arteta,Sissoko,Townsend
    RVP(c),Lambert, Mirallas

Sub: Bunn,Bale,Dawson,Wilson.

Two one nil victories for United with RVP scoring both and twice being assisted by Rafael would be welcome. Also Everton is a gamble. Either way it's good to be back to the rough and tumble of the FSA :D

(I have 80 odd points over my closest rival so hell with playing it safe for a few weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I've used my free transfer and now I see that Ba has an ankle injury and has a 75% chance of playing.

If I ship him out, I would get Mirallas in, but is it worth a 4 point hit given that he isn't definitely ruled out, Chelsea have a DGW left, and Ba plays more advanced than Mirallas?

Also gotta factor Torres' form and Ba's relative lack thereof into it. Is Ba still first choice? Does first choice start in the league or in their cup matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bale or Michu out for Fellaini?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Bale or Michu out for Fellaini?

I done Bale as he wont play next week and Michu has a doubler the following week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking

Bale --> Fellaini
    Davies --> Baines
    Samba --> Rafael/Evra

8 point hit

Thoughts?

Thinking

Bale --> Fellaini
    Davies --> Baines
    Samba --> Rafael/Evra

8 point hit

Thoughts?

Im done with points hits! Took my 4th one of the season last week and scored a whopper 23 with a -4 to take off that ha! I done Bale to Fellaini this week and its set me up with 6 DGW players for this week!

Im probably not the best to advise on points hits as you can see but i wouldnt want to take an 8 point hit, 4 points tops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Thinking

Bale --> Fellaini
    Davies --> Baines
    Samba --> Rafael/Evra

8 point hit

Thoughts?

apart from bale who i assume you'll want back in the other 2 are players you want rid of anyway? a dgw is a great way to get rid of deadwood because you should at least cover most of the point hit. Plus they're 3 good players you're bringing in, it's not like you're bringing in a west ham player just because of the dgw and are then stuck with them. Baines or evra can then easily be changed to ivanovic/vertonghen for the dgw in 36 so yeah i reckon go for it, it's an 8 point hit but in this case i think worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

my 1 ft was used early in the week to get DDG in for begovic.

I'm now going to get fellaini in for a 4 point hit but do i get him in for Bale or sissoko.

if i go with the bale option i'd be using my FT next week to get rid of Sissoko for Bale.

bringing him in for Bale - i'll lose .2 or .3 bringing him back in next week and it's my transfer gone next week, But it means having to play Turner of Norwich away to Arsenal or Mariappa at home to Liverpool (best case from either i think is 1 point)

bringing him in for Sissoko - I save .2 or .3 by not having to bring Bale back in at a loss, I have my FT to use next week and can start working towards the next dgw. But the big plus is I get sissoko at home to sunderland instead of Turner or Mariappa.

so it all boils down to - will sissoko score enough more than Turner or Mariappa to warrant me losing .2/.3 and a transfer?? worth keeping him??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lloris -> De Gea
    Coutinho -> Fellaini

Easiest points hit decision I've ever had to make.

Advertisement