Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 33 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

roryc wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see if there's someone worth replacing Sissoko with for a 4 point hit. I already have Santi and Fellaini. Walcott's the obvious choice but he might not start the first match.

Bear in mind that Sissoko faces struggling Sunderland. At home. His big chance to have the fans chanting his name again.

Gervinho perhaps? On a decent run of form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is it worth taking a 4 point hit to go get Baines in for Johnson? That would leave me with Jussi, Demel, Baines, Fellani, Santi & Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

According to PhysioRoom.com, Walcott is currently running and will be back in full training in the next day or two. Doubt that Wenger would start him against Norwich, especially considering the team are winning games without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

According to PhysioRoom.com, Walcott is currently running and will be back in full training in the next day or two. Doubt that Wenger would start him against Norwich, especially considering the team are winning games without him.

Wasn't he running last week before West Brom game? Think there was an article saying that him & Wilshere were outside running but both would miss West Brom but be contenders for Norwich.

8-10 wrote: »
    Wasn't he running last week before West Brom game? Think there was an article saying that him & Wilshere were outside running but both would miss West Brom but be contenders for Norwich.

Missed that article. Will be waiting to see what Wenger says in the pre match conference anyhow before deciding what to do about Walcott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I've gotten Mirallas of Everton into me team, after hitting form & its a shot to nothing with it being a double gameweek for him. Not cheap at 6.8mill but had a million spare so I transferred out Remy for him.

I'll have the following 7 players for double gameweek but I'm not expecting Jenkinson to play.

Fabianski Jenkinson Carzola

Fellaini Mirallas

RVP & Joey O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've gotten Mirallas of Everton into me team, after hitting form & its a shot to nothing with it being a double gameweek for him. Not cheap at 6.8mill but had a million spare so I transferred out Remy for him.

I'll have the following 7 players for double gameweek but I'm not expecting Jenkinson to play.

Fabianski Jenkinson Carzola

Fellaini Mirallas

RVP & Joey O'Brien

Mirrallas is an interesting one the fact that hes down as a striker when hes a midfielder is putting me off though.Mirrallas could dissapoint a lot of fellani owners as he may well play off the front man at the weekend with fellani playing deeper. I was thinking they could line up
    howard
    coleman distin jageilka baines
    osman fellani gibson piennar
    mirrallas
    anichebe
    With this in mind Im considering anichebe at 4.3 and not bothering with fellani.
    Alternatively osman could play in the middle with mirrallas wide and fellani off the front man.
    Any everton fans on here be able to hazard a guess on the starting line up and will anichebe start?

Walcott has declared himself fit for the Norwich game according to a journalist who interviewed him today for Sport Magazine.

https://twitter.com/sarahsportmag/status/322016421808857089

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Wouldn't expect him to play 90 on Sat but he should do on Tues. Worth having in the team from the DGW imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Mirrallas is an interesting one the fact that hes down as a striker when hes a midfielder is putting me off though.Mirrallas could dissapoint a lot of fellani owners as he may well play off the front man at the weekend with fellani playing deeper. I was thinking they could line up
    howard
    coleman distin jageilka baines
    osman fellani gibson piennar
    mirrallas
    anichebe
    With this in mind Im considering anichebe at 4.3 and not bothering with fellani.
    Alternatively osman could play in the middle with mirrallas wide and fellani off the front man.
    Any everton fans on here be able to hazard a guess on the starting line up and will anichebe start?

My man RVP still haven't sold him but he is in the last chance saloon for this double Gameweek :D

• Advertisement

My man RVP still haven't sold him but he is in the last chance saloon for this double Gameweek :D

I have him back in since the reading game so were on the same side now will hold him till the villa game and could end up captaining him this week. Hope your still winning that money league of yours, getting rvp back in has me in danger of losing mine;) . Mirallas could work out well for you, Im thinking of anichebe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think I have settled on my wildcard defense. I'm wondering what ye think?

dgw33def_zps0993afca.jpg

So De Gea, Sagna, Rafael and Baines will be my defence for GW33. Come GW36, Robles, Nastasic and McCauley (or Spurs defender) will all have a double. By transferring out one other defender, I'll have a defence that will all have DGW36 (providing the doubles all land there).

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think I have settled on my wildcard defense. I'm wondering what ye think?

dgw33def_zps0993afca.jpg

So De Gea, Sagna, Rafael and Baines will be my defence for GW33. Come GW36, Robles, Nastasic and McCauley (or Spurs defender) will all have a double. By transferring out one other defender, I'll have a defence that will all have DGW36 (providing the doubles all land there).

Nice selection if Id a wildcard my keepers would be Fabianski and Robles. Fab has better fixtures than DDG this week and DDG could be rotated near the end of the season. The 1.4 saved could be used to upgrade elsewhere when you consider your not planning on playing DDG every week.
    I think Sagna, Baines, nastasic and rafael are all excellent picks and I like your strategy. Mccauley I wouldnt be into personally, granted hes a bit of a goal threat but with the money saved on ddg you could do mcaauley to verthongen or save even more money and get dawson.

Nice selection if Id a wildcard my keepers would be Fabianski and Robles. Fab has better fixtures than DDG this week and DDG could be rotated near the end of the season. The 1.4 saved could be used to upgrade elsewhere when you consider your not planning on playing DDG every week.
    I think Sagna, Baines, nastasic and rafael are all excellent picks and I like your strategy. Mccauley I wouldnt be into personally, granted hes a bit of a goal threat but with the money saved on ddg you could do mcaauley to verthongen or save even more money and get dawson.

Excellent advice.

As you might have seen, I can save a million here and there if I wanted. In addition to DDG to Fabianski, I could change Evra to Rafael or Baines to Jagielka if needed.

I want Vertonghen but might get him in GW36. McCauley is a decent goal threat so Nastasic, Vertonghen and McCauley should be a super defence for GW36.

Excellent advice.

As you might have seen, I can save a million here and there if I wanted. In addition to DDG to Fabianski, I could change Evra to Rafael or Baines to Jagielka if needed.

I want Vertonghen but might get him in GW36. McCauley is a decent goal threat so Nastasic, Vertonghen and McCauley should be a super defence for GW36.

Oh how Id love a wildcard now. I always thought that the first international break was the best time to play it but the way the fixtures have panned out I think this is the best week of the season to use it now.

Oh how Id love a wildcard now. I always thought that the first international break was the best time to play it but the way the fixtures have panned out I think this is the best week of the season to use it now.

I use it at that exact time (GW3) every single year. It helps me remove any dead weight before they lose me value and I can focus on getting the players that are doing well.

This year, I was lucky to have a superb start (had Michu, RVP etc) and none of my players were dropping in price so I decided to hold onto it.

Thankfully the DGWs fell where they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Would ye be optimistic about De Gea playing both games, especially away to 2 physical sides who rely on aerial balls. I'm thinking Begovic to De Gea but I'm unsure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah a wildcard is gold now the way the fixtures have gone. Like above I wouldn't go with McAuley, Vertonghen is a better choice but like you say you can get him in after the City game in 34. I would imagine that 5th defender slot will not play GW33

Why not get Zabaleta in, double up on City defenders in 35 then swap him out for Vertonghen for 36 IF Spurs have a DGW. If the fixtures get messed around and the DGW's are spread apart you could hit the jackpot having a City player for their DGW then a Spurs for their one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Looking at 2 transfers for the DGW in mind-

1) Clark to Baines/evra or Rafael

2) Bale to Fellaini

Any recommendations/comments on the proposed?

Team @ present
    de Gea- Bunn
    Dawson-Demel-Sagna-Shaw-Clark
    Santi-Mata-Bale-Sissoko-Townsend
    Suarez-Van Persie-Benteke

Yeah a wildcard is gold now the way the fixtures have gone. Like above I wouldn't go with McAuley, Vertonghen is a better choice but like you say you can get him in after the City game in 34. I would imagine that 5th defender slot will not play GW33

Why not get Zabaleta in, double up on City defenders in 35 then swap him out for Vertonghen for 36 IF Spurs have a DGW. If the fixtures get messed around and the DGW's are spread apart you could hit the jackpot having a City player for their DGW then a Spurs for their one.

The 4th and 5th defender won't be playing GW33. They will have doubles GW36.

I currently have Zabaleta in the team. I haven't transferred him out yet. I think Zabaleta will have lots of competition for his place now Richards and Maicon are back.

The reason I have McCauley in there right now is that I don't want a 6.5m defender on the bench that week. The more I think about it, the more I might just do it (funder permitting). It would probably be my most expensive defense ever though, and that concerns me greatly.

So it would be

De Gea (Robles)
    Evra Baines Sagna (Vertonghen) (Nastasic)

Midfieldwise, I'm looking at Cazorla and Fellaini for certain. I'm mulling over the idea of having Pienaar and another Arsenal midfielder in there. If there is any idea of Kagawa getting games, he will be in there. The fifth mid (non playing) would be James McCarthy.

Up front, everything is in the air. Suarez will probably stay or I might take a gamble on Aguero.

• Advertisement

Looking at 2 transfers for the DGW in mind-

1) Clark to Baines/evra or Rafael

2) Bale to Fellaini

Any recommendations/comments on the proposed?

Team @ present
    de Gea- Bunn
    Dawson-Demel-Sagna-Shaw-Clark
    Santi-Mata-Bale-Sissoko-Townsend
    Suarez-Van Persie-Benteke

Can you do Sissoko to Fellaini and Clark to Rafael?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Current defence & midfield:
    Zab (6.1) - Demel (4) - Samba (4.9) - Davies (4.3) - Harte (3.8)
    Michu (7.8) - Bale (10.2) - Sissoko (6.5) - Santi (9.8) - Schneiderlin (4.7)

I had planned a few weeks ago that Fellaini & Sagna were my two picks for this week (-4). But it's pretty obvious now I can't do that.

So I'm wondering which one is more valuable for the DGW. Ideally I'd love both but I can't see how it can be done.

Sagna - two home games but Arsenal aren't exactly airtight at the back.
    BigHair - well rested and has an enticing home game against leaky QPR (11 conceded in their last 4 away fixtures). But it means getting rid of Michu.

My hand was forced last week to eject Walcott or Bale. If it hadn't happened then I'd have two FT's to play with this week and take a -4 hit to get both in.

I'm leaning towards Sagna because if it's BigHair I'll probably lose Michu.

HELP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Can you do Sissoko to Fellaini and Clark to Rafael?

Unfortunately not enough $$$. Would have 5.0 to replace Clarke. I could gamble Heitinga to start both dgw games possibly.

I take on board with the future dgw for spurs & bale super fast recovery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

After wildcarding I now have the below team(7 with dgw) with 1.4 remaining
    Federici - de Gea
    Zabaleta - Sagna - Baines - Clyne - Shaw
    Gerrard - Santi Cazorla - Marveaux - Fellaini - Michu
    Van Persie - Lambert - Berbatov

Any suggestions on how to improve? have Michu, Lambert and Van Persie long term so not inclined to ship them.
    Main question is Gerrard, are there better options(maybe a GW36 DGW player)?
    Also should i change federici(worth 4.3 to me).
    Thanks.

dave13 wrote: »
    Federici - de Gea

Any suggestions on how to improve? have Michu, Lambert and Van Persie long term so not inclined to ship them.
    Thanks.

Robles for Wigan. 4.0, seems to have taken the No. 1 jersey and is a good replacement for Federici.

If you are considering Gerrard out, you might look at Silva. City are looking dangerous again and they will have a double soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Do we have a list of exactly what double games could be in GW 36? As it stands the only guaranteed one is Wigan v Swansea. Who do City, Spurs, West Brom etc still have to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

The 4th and 5th defender won't be playing GW33. They will have doubles GW36.

I currently have Zabaleta in the team. I haven't transferred him out yet. I think Zabaleta will have lots of competition for his place now Richards and Maicon are back.

The reason I have McCauley in there right now is that I don't want a 6.5m defender on the bench that week. The more I think about it, the more I might just do it (funder permitting). It would probably be my most expensive defense ever though, and that concerns me greatly.

So it would be

De Gea (Robles)
    Evra Baines Sagna (Vertonghen) (Nastasic)

Midfieldwise, I'm looking at Cazorla and Fellaini for certain. I'm mulling over the idea of having Pienaar and another Arsenal midfielder in there. If there is any idea of Kagawa getting games, he will be in there. The fifth mid (non playing) would be James McCarthy.

Up front, everything is in the air. Suarez will probably stay or I might take a gamble on Aguero.

Instead of having a second Arsenal or Everton mid, would it be worth having Yaya Toure in your team? Home to Wigan in GW33 and then obviously will have a DGW too. With my WC I'm looking at a midfield of

Cazorla Fellaini Toure Gervinho (Michu)-on bench

The only one I'm not convinced of yet is Gervinho. He's on a great run of form though

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

dave13 wrote: »
    Federici - de Gea

Thanks.
    Get Wigans Robles in for Federici. It will save you .3 and I would fancy Wigan to do better than Reading at the back for the rest of the season. Also Wigan have two games on GW36 when Man Utd play Chelsea so he would be a good option that week.

Having Clyne and Shaw both of Southampton at the back is not a great idea really. Southampton only kept a first clean sheet in 9 games lastweek.

I would replace one with Turner of Norwich (4.2) or Dawson of Spurs (4.5).

Norwich have 3 home games left against Reading, Aston Villa and West Brom. Points potential there for Turner in those 3 games. Norwich also have Stoke away on GW35 and i would fancy that as a 0-0 draw.

Dawson has no game this week and City next week but then he has Wigan (A), Southampton (H), Stoke (A) and Sunderland (H). He will also have a DGW one of those weeks.

I would be looking at getting Bale in for Gerrard when Bale is fit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Do we have a list of exactly what double games could be in GW 36? As it stands the only guaranteed one is Wigan v Swansea. Who do City, Spurs, West Brom etc still have to play?

I'm pretty sure the DGW games are:
    Wigan vs Swansea
    Chelsea vs Spurs
    City vs WBA (not sure wh'os at home here)

The bottom 2 have TBC.

I'll be loooking to have the following midfield - Bale, Maloney, Silva, Hazard, Michu and also bring in Aguero and Verthonghen. This week makes it tricky though as it's tempting to ditch some of these players.

• Advertisement

Fellaini and Anichebe in for Sessegnon & Weimann. Four point hit but decided to go for it as Everton have a decent run in. Couldn't bring myself to take a point hit to bring in a defender (Sagna for Mertesacker).

Team for this gameweek:

Begovic
    Davies Clyne Mertesacker Clichy
    Walcott Michu Fellaini Cazorla (C) Hazard
    Anichebe

Bench: Federici, Suarez, RVP, Turner

...team set up to annoy the other people in my league.

Advertisement