Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 33 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

do I do Sturridge to Berba for another points hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

SlickRic wrote: »
    do I do Sturridge to Berba for another points hit?
    In the same boat, have taken 4 point hit and looking at the same transfer now. By the sounds of it sturridge is just not fit but he played almost an hour last week. I think he's goin to start on the bench tomorrow so with berbatov having two games and on penos, I think I will go ahead and do it.

The only think holding me back is if sturridge does start tomorrow as you would expect Liverpool to score 2/3.

El festino wrote: »
    In the same boat, have taken 4 point hit and looking at the same transfer now. By the sounds of it sturridge is just not fit but he played almost an hour last week. I think he's goin to start on the bench tomorrow so with berbatov having two games and on penos, I think I will go ahead and do it.

The only think holding me back is if sturridge does start tomorrow as you would expect Liverpool to score 2/3.

you've summed up every thought going through my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

El festino wrote: »

you would have expected them to score 2/3 against west ham too. berbatov is the better option for this week. at worst you'll break even. i don't know if he's around the same price but giroud has two handy games.

SlickRic wrote: »
    you've summed up every thought going through my head.
    I've just done it. Too much risk with sturridge. Guaranteed 180 mins barring injury/red card with Berbatov so will see how it pans out.

• Advertisement

you would have expected them to score 2/3 against west ham too. berbatov is the better option for this week. at worst you'll break even. i don't know if he's around the same price but giroud has two handy games.
    Cheers, went ahead with it. Already have Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    my 1 ft was used early in the week to get DDG in for begovic.

I'm now going to get fellaini in for a 4 point hit but do i get him in for Bale or sissoko.

if i go with the bale option i'd be using my FT next week to get rid of Sissoko for Bale.

bringing him in for Bale - i'll lose .2 or .3 bringing him back in next week and it's my transfer gone next week, But it means having to play Turner of Norwich away to Arsenal or Mariappa at home to Liverpool (best case from either i think is 1 point)

bringing him in for Sissoko - I save .2 or .3 by not having to bring Bale back in at a loss, I have my FT to use next week and can start working towards the next dgw. But the big plus is I get sissoko at home to sunderland instead of Turner or Mariappa.

so it all boils down to - will sissoko score enough more than Turner or Mariappa to warrant me losing .2/.3 and a transfer?? worth keeping him??

i did the transfer for sissoko, if he scores 8 or higher i'll regret it, otherwise i'll be happy i saved the transfer.

Just a quick one then who to start with.

Turner away to arsenal or mariappa at home to liverpool.

neither is a great choice, i'm thinking 1 point maximum. so it's really just a coin flip isn't it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

i did the transfer for sissoko, if he scores 8 or higher i'll regret it, otherwise i'll be happy i saved the transfer.

Just a quick one then who to start with.

Turner away to arsenal or mariappa at home to liverpool.

neither is a great choice, i'm thinking 1 point maximum. so it's really just a coin flip isn't it??

I would expect Reading to concede more than Norwich so I'd choose Turner.

jebforever wrote: »
    I would expect Reading to concede more than Norwich so I'd choose Turner.

cheers, plus turner scored last week and while it's very unlikely he might just grab a consolation in a 3 or 4-1 defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Id really appreciate a bit of feedback on my team, it is geared towards the DGW, with the other DGWs to come in the coming weeks in mind also. I have 9 DGW players and 4/6 of the remaining players have a DGW before the end of the season.

I was thinking of selling Bunn for Al Habsi, but he has not started the last 3 games.. Was he injured does anyone know?

I used my wildcard to set my team up like this and have 0.7 in the bank, so I can realistically bring anyone in by sacrificing elsewhere in my team.

So feel free to pick faults in this team..

de Gea

Sagna Monreal Demel
    Fellaini O'Neil Lampard Santi Cazorla
    Rooney Suarez Berbatov

Subs:
    Bunn
    Zabaleta
    Azpilicueta
    Michu

• Advertisement

Id really appreciate a bit of feedback on my team, it is geared towards the DGW, with the other DGWs to come in the coming weeks in mind also. I have 9 DGW players and 4/6 of the remaining players have a DGW before the end of the season.

I was thinking of selling Bunn for Al Habsi, but he has not started the last 3 games.. Was he injured does anyone know?

I used my wildcard to set my team up like this and have 0.7 in the bank, so I can realistically bring anyone in by sacrificing elsewhere in my team.

So feel free to pick faults in this team..

de Gea

Sagna Monreal Demel
    Fellaini O'Neil Lampard Santi Cazorla
    Rooney Suarez Berbatov

Subs:
    Bunn
    Zabaleta
    Azpilicueta
    Michu

Robles (spelling??) has played the last few matches for wigan so i'd steer clear of al habsi.

the rest of your team seems good, not sure i'd have 2 west ham players but i suppose demel is so cheap you can play him this week and then bench him for the rest. and the same applies to O'neil, didn't realise he was only 4.3, quite a good move now when i consider that.
    possibly az to rafael?? other than that couldn't fault it.

Robles (spelling??) has played the last few matches for wigan so i'd steer clear of al habsi.

the rest of your team seems good, not sure i'd have 2 west ham players but i suppose demel is so cheap you can play him this week and then bench him for the rest. and the same applies to O'neil, didn't realise he was only 4.3, quite a good move now when i consider that.
    possibly az to rafael?? other than that couldn't fault it.

Did Bunn to Robles, gives me another 0.2 Mil to play with over the next few weeks to build for DGW 36.. Good point about the West Ham players, I will ship both for Swansea/Wigan players over the coming weeks and Berbs will be shipped for Kone also..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fellani and anichebe in. Brings me to 6 DGW players fabianski demel cazorla fellani rvp anichebe. 4 of which are attacking players I think thats enough.

Did Bunn to Robles, gives me another 0.2 Mil to play with over the next few weeks to build for DGW 36.. Good point about the West Ham players, I will ship both for Swansea/Wigan players over the coming weeks and Berbs will be shipped for Kone also..

If not planning on keeping berba would you consider ruiz 5.0 or anichebe 4.3. You could then play 352 after this week and it would save you a transfer going forward and give you the money for bale at a future date.

the 2 west ham lads make perfect sense though for someone like yourself with a wildcard active, they wouldn't be worth a points hit but at their prices def worth a punt.

who are you going with as captain out of curiosity? fellaini, rooney or cazorla?

Cazorla Captain... I am thinking now of getting Walcott in for Lampard and Rafael for Monreal. The thinking is that Arsenal are chasing Champions League so they will play well until end of season, and Walcott is expected to make his return 2moro against Norwich, also Lampard didnt start last Chelsea game, ya wouldnt know what Rafa would bloody do!

If not planning on keeping berba would you consider ruiz 5.0 or anichebe 4.3. You could then play 352 after this week and it would save you a transfer going forward and give you the money for bale at a future date.

I think Berba is good for a goal or 2, I dont feel the same about those 2, but I see where your thinking is.. Anichebe would tempt me, but like I said I will be swapping him out after this week for Kone regardless of who I bring in... Thanks for the advise

Trying to decide if I'll do Mata to Fellani for a -4. Mata hasnt really done much lately and I could use the extra cash to get Bale and Michu back in over the next 2 gameweeks

Trying to decide if I'll do Mata to Fellani for a -4. Mata hasnt really done much lately and I could use the extra cash to get Bale and Michu back in over the next 2 gameweeks

i got rid of mata a 3 or 4 weeks back because of chelsea's fixture congestion, fantastic player we'll all agree but so much of a risk of rotation with chelsea in 2 cup competition's. I'd take the hit for now and then look at bringing him back in for the dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Walcott is expected to make his return 2moro against Norwich

Where did you hear this? I've been waiting for news all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

is jenkinson likely to replace mertesacker for arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No. Vermaelen.

Jenkenson is a RB, Mert and Vermaelen are CBs

roryc wrote: »
    Where did you hear this? I've been waiting for news all week.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/arsenal-norwich-arsene-wenger

and lads over on TotalFPL... Hope it's true brought him in last night... He will at least feature against Norwich Id say, whether he'll start is questionable though..

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Vermalaen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

bezuaua wrote: »
    Vermalaen

I currently have jenkinson on bench and Zabaletta playing ......should I switch them around just in case ? If they only play 1 game each tho Zab will out score him (home to Wigan)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

10 DGW players this 2 week better work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/arsenal-norwich-arsene-wenger

and lads over on TotalFPL... Hope it's true brought him in last night... He will at least feature against Norwich Id say, whether he'll start is questionable though..

Good enough for me! Just brought him in for Sissoko.

Bale ----> Cazorla
    Mata ----> Fellaini
    Sturridge ----> Berba

8 point hit.

Plans to get Bale in within 2 weeks again.

roryc wrote: »
    Good enough for me! Just brought him in for Sissoko.

last minute panic im going to join you with that move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

last minute panic im going to join you with that move.

Is it worth doing Gervinho out for Walcott?

Advertisement