Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies and Kittens

• 06-04-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I know it's been covered before but the topic always seems to be bringing a puppy into a household with a cat already in it.

My question is to do with bringing a kitten into a house with a 14 week old puppy already in it.

Now, it's not set in stone, it's still just an idea as a friend of a friend has an unplanned litter but they are in no danger and will be safely rehomed regardless.

My OH seems to think they will get along straight away (being young), I know that is not the case and it will take time to get used to each other but I've seen Luna with my mother's cat, and although she was raised by the breeder with a cat in the house, she goes mental trying to play when she sees said cat (who is 11 and wants nothing to do with her). I have images in my head of her trying to get at a small kitten with the same vigor.

Is it a bad idea? I would love to have a cat but should we wait until Luna is older or is it better to do it while she is young?
    We have all the other bases covered, like making a litter tray inaccessible, sleeping areas etc. I know nobody can predict how they will be together but I'm sure many here have experience with it, any help appreciated :)

Advertisement