Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what a difference a pellet makes

Options
  • 06-04-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I needed an air rifle for pest control and thought something cheap will do, so i bought a webley airmax ;125. this has 18lbs and should do my job perfectly. My range was 15 to 20 yds , fitted a 3x9 bushnell , got a tin of pellets and away we go. I could not hold an eight inch group, wrong pellets i though so I ordered ten different pellets from pellet perfect in 25 per pack and tried them, the groups came down but still not great, man I was getting fed up and was giving myself a hard time for buying cheap, three more different pellets later and the group was down to 2.5" , now it's time to get rid of this rifle but i'll try one more pellet type, JSB jumbo express 14.35gr and that done it, half inch group @15 yds, all I wanted. I new that there are different ammo for different guns but I never thought it would solve this one out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Lol - half inch at 15 yards is still an enormous spread but if it does the job for you then good stuff.

It's never gonna be a pinpoint machine that rifle though - you do get what you pay for.

Advertisement