Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to San Francisco

Options
  • 06-04-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I'm moving to the US for the summer. I just want to ask if anyoe has any advice with regard to jobs/ how much ca$h I need to bring over with me/ experience of living there during the summer. I have a room sorted already which is $500 per month. Any advice would be useful. Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there Dark and Stormy,

I'll move your thread from Travel over into Living Abroad where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

I don't have any help but I was wondering what location your room is in and where did you find it? Doing the same thing and have a job but finding it hard to get a decent room that's priced ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Craigslist is a good place to start. Obviously beware of agencies and middlemen.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B25

I am gong to San Francisco on a J1 in June. I need a job and a place to stay. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Could you go there on a J1, get offered a permenant job then apply for a visa?

• Advertisement
Advertisement