Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a small/tiny PC to drive TV display in waiting room

Options
  • 06-04-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm looking a small PC to drive a display in waiting rooms. It needs to be cheap but capable of displaying a webpage with a flash video and other news items. I've looked at the Raspberry PI but it can't handle the flash. Ideally I'd like it to cost <£150 otherwise its too expensive for what we are looking to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

amallon wrote: »
    I'm looking a small PC to drive a display in waiting rooms. It needs to be cheap but capable of displaying a webpage with a flash video and other news items. I've looked at the Raspberry PI but it can't handle the flash. Ideally I'd like it to cost <£150 otherwise its too expensive for what we are looking to do.

Depending on what hardware you might have kicking about a Shuttle barebones PC might do the trick. On mobile so just posting first link I found, you might find better price elsewhere
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11258497/art/shuttle/xs35v2-barebone-mini-pc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Oh, and when you say the Pi can't handle the flash, have you tried gnash? I've seen it playing YouTube videos fine, but maybe it can't handle your content, I haven't played with it myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Some of the cheapo Android USB stick PCs may also work, and they are cheap. Android JellyBean can have flash player installed easily enough, and can output to HDMI usually

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/boards
    if your interested in building it thats a good website

Advertisement