Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False alarm ??????

Options
  • 06-04-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi all.
    I have a problem that just came up in the last week. getting false alarms from my sensors. yesterday alarm went off when I was out saying zone two alarm. got home everything was sound. today it happened again but a different zone.
    maybe it was a mouse but I don't think a detector would pick up something that small unless it abseiled across the front of it.
    so I was thinking it has been relatively sunny the past three days. would the difference in air temperature between the zones cause them to activate. sun moves across the house over the course of the day. area where zones are located is front and back.
    Either that or there is a mouse eating cables, ya reckon.........
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are these zones areas or windows? If the latter, is there any chance someone has been hitting the windows with a ball?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If there are sensors & contacts on those zones there may be one or more faulty devices on those zones. The only true test is to check the resistance on those runs.
    See Post 9 here if your useful with a multi meter.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655452

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elheffe

the_syco wrote: »
    Are these zones areas or windows? If the latter, is there any chance someone has been hitting the windows with a ball?
    thanks for the reply, they are zones. no chance of any thing disturbing them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elheffe

funnily enough the second time it happened, they closed the doors in the rooms leading to the areas that had previously set off the alarm and it has worked away grand since...maybe a coincidence, don't know. the alarm has been in three years with no grief, so "koolkid" do you reckon the resistance could be an issue....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Checking the resistance is the only true way to test the zone(s).
    I would reckon there is a faulty device somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

elheffe wrote: »
    funnily enough the second time it happened, they closed the doors in the rooms leading to the areas that had previously set off the alarm and it has worked away grand since...maybe a coincidence, don't know. the alarm has been in three years with no grief, so "koolkid" do you reckon the resistance could be an issue....

I would also check the sensor heads in your case as you have said closing the door stopped the issue. May not be sitting correctly in the sensor.

Advertisement