Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old laptops - does anywhere buy them?

Options
  • 06-04-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Doing a clear out, I found my old laptop that I haven't used in 2+ years. It's a Toshiba one, about 5 years old - didn't get long out of it really, I forget what the problem was at the time, I think it kept freezing and I got a good deal on a new laptop anyway. I think i kept it as a spare but never used it.

Just wondering is there anywhere in Waterford that you can sell an old laptop for parts etc. I wouldn't expect much from it, but it's probably still worth a bit.
    I'd rather not go down the route of selling online, unless I really couldn't get rid of it elsewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

araic88 wrote: »
    Doing a clear out, I found my old laptop that I haven't used in 2+ years. It's a Toshiba one, about 5 years old - didn't get long out of it really, I forget what the problem was at the time, I think it kept freezing and I got a good deal on a new laptop anyway. I think i kept it as a spare but never used it.

Just wondering is there anywhere in Waterford that you can sell an old laptop for parts etc. I wouldn't expect much from it, but it's probably still worth a bit.
    I'd rather not go down the route of selling online, unless I really couldn't get rid of it elsewhere

The computer shop in Parnell St next to the Tech might buy it, but you won't get much for it, maybe 20 euro if your lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Go and offer it on adverts.ie and you will see how much it is worth (and maybe find buyer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Old laptops are like old phones, very hard to sell on as they get out of date very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'll offer you €20 mostly because it's handy to have a spare power cable and I've a few Toshibas of varying ages on the go at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

you can buy new tablets for 50 or less right now that are probably better than your laptop.

Most shops buy to resell...so they cant offer much.

If you told us the model we could check the specs and estimate a price for adverts.

If it is dual core that makes it usable
    If it has 1-2gb of ram it can run most software

If however it is 256mb-512mb ram with a single core cpu then it is only good for browsing and light media use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

A friend of mine has a Toshiba Laptop about 5 or 6 years old and he needs a Battery for it as his is dead, it only works constantly plugged in, I could buy the battery off you for him or get him to call you? whats the model?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Check ur pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Moi?

Advertisement