Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conor McGregor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Gumbi wrote: »
    I tend to agree with you agree, but really, I don't think it's too big a deal. It just depends on how seriously you take him. Personally I couldn't give a ****.

I don't mind too much, it's just that Conor talking about them is probably the most publicity they've gotten in a while and it's all negative. Conor talking crap about them is the first time that almost all American fans will hear about the guys. He's the one that signed the contract and left his position as champ.

A fight with Cole miller would be great for Conor, a very winnable fight that will improve his position in the organisation without throwing him in at the deep end. I think he could stop Cole in a very impressive manner as long as he keeps it standing and can avoid subs for the first round if he does get taken down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

I quote ''I bumped into Jose Aldo Junior tonight. He didnt want any trouble.''

1379282_579382168796753_1488695007_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Cole Miller calling Conor out.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/26/5032220/cole-miller-colin-mcgregor-is-a-show-pony

I think Conor would put him away easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

seiphil wrote: »
    Cole Miller calling Conor out.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/26/5032220/cole-miller-colin-mcgregor-is-a-show-pony

I think Conor would put him away easily enough.

He called him out in the octagon after his match too. Called him McGoober or something.
    Smells a little like he is trying to piggy back Conor's media by making a fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    He called him out in the octagon after his match too. Called him McGoober or something.
    Smells a little like he is trying to piggy back Conor's media by making a fuss.

If so, he's clever. But he does have a point. Cole is a beast and has nothing to prove to anybody. Whereas "Colin" is the new kid on the block. Totally understandable that (if) he's not pleased

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If so, he's clever. But he does have a point. Cole is a beast and has nothing to prove to anybody. Whereas "Colin" is the new kid on the block. Totally understandable that (if) he's not pleased
    Cole Miller is correct to point out that he has had 15 fights in the UFC, but he's lost 6 of them. Worse still, most of the losses are recent. He has lost 3 of his last 5 and 4 of his last 7.

He might have nothing to prove, but only because his place as an gatekeeper is set is stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Cole is a beast??? Haha Are you ****ing ****ing me

Mellor wrote: »
    Cole Miller is correct to point out that he has had 15 fights in the UFC, but he's lost 6 of them. Worse still, most of the losses are recent. He has lost 3 of his last 5 and 4 of his last 7.

He might have nothing to prove, but only because his place as an gatekeeper is set is stone.

9-6 is a perfectly respectable record.

Cole is never winning any World Titles but he's, as you said, a gatekeeper. He's a solid fighter and one who deserves to feel aggrieved if some new lad is calling him out.

I think a fight vs Miller is perfect for McGregor. It'd be exciting and against a recognisable name. Also, McGregor should win it.

9-6 is a perfectly respectable record.
    it's Not a bad record, that's not want I was saying. But Milker went in as if he was some sort of top dog.
    Cole is never winning any World Titles but he's, as you said, a gatekeeper. He's a solid fighter and one who deserves to feel aggrieved if some new lad is calling him out.
    I don't think Conor called him out or even mentioned his name until Miller brought it up. I'm sure he was annoyed with the comments about Lentz and Poirrier, but the way he went about it, especially with Gregor out for another 6-9 months, just sounds a bit desperate.
    I think a fight vs Miller is perfect for McGregor. It'd be exciting and against a recognisable name. Also, McGregor should win it.
    I don't dislike the fight at all tbh. Miller is decent fighter, a known fighter. His finish at the weekend was very nice.
    He's not top 10, but a win over him could propell Conor into top ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is it just me or have alot of Conor's recent interveiws been a bit all over the shop, like he's trying to say something intelligent and just doesn't no where to go with it, kind of rambles a lot,
    I also have a few friends who where sitting beside conor's sister and her friend's at the fight in boston and they where ribbing Conor for in there words "his new half american accent, ",

• Advertisement

Is it just me or have alot of Conor's recent interveiws been a bit all over the shop, like he's trying to say something intelligent and just doesn't no where to go with it, kind of rambles a lot,
    I also have a few friends who where sitting beside conor's sister and her friend's at the fight in boston and they where ribbing Conor for in there words "his new half american accent, ",

He is just speaking clearly so people can understand him. Probably a good idea don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It just sound very strange, but its working so all the best to him ,

Although it may sound strange to us, sometimes it's needed. I lived abroad for quite a while and as someone who has a strong enough Dublin accent it can be hard for people to understand you sometimes. Granted, I was living where English wasn't the language of the country but it happens. I remember when I came home people were asking me why I was speaking strangely and I hadn't noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm born and bred in Dublin, and sometimes other dubs can't understand a word I'm saying. I'm like Boomhauer from King of the Hill.

So I can understand why he feels the need to slow his speech down and speak as clearly as possible.

Diego Sanchez really doesn't like McGregor!
    "He's got the big mouth," Sanchez replied. "This all started when he put out a tweet that was disrespecting all the top 145ers in the world. And I was just, this is ridiculous. No one's going to talk back to him? You know, somebody has to put the dude in his place because he has a real mouth. The crazy thing about it is he really believes his own hype. I put out a tweet, notable victories. Who are they? Who are you notable victories? Who are your notable fights? Who are these guys who beat you? You have losses on your record and you act like you're the Muhammad Ali of Ireland. You have losses on your record. Who are they? C'mon. Why do you think you're freakin superman when you ain't done it. You gotta walk the walk before you can talk the talk. He fought two fights in UFC and he talks like he's champion? I think it's a bunch of crap."

The fighter who has been called both "The Nightmare" and "The Dream" was just getting warmed up.

"For a guy like him to disrespect me? I didn't disrespect him, I just told him how it was. .... He was talking s--- about Chad Mendes. Chad Mendes! This guy will eat you for lunch. You have not proved you can wrestle. You have not proved you are legitimate on the ground. What are you going to do when you have Diego Sanchez on top of you ground and pounding you? You have not proved that you are equivalent to that situation. It's a bunch of crap."

The TUF 1 middleweight champion also seized upon McGregor's "money" comments, saying that this demonstrated the difference between he and McGregor as fighters.

"He's all ‘I'm going to fight Diego. I like easy money. Oh, money, money, money. Money is my favorite,'" Sanchez mocked. "I'm not about the money, I'm about being a warrior and getting it in there and putting it down for my legacy, for what I was born to do. I fight. I ain't no little punk about money. I'm humble when it comes to that stuff. This dude, he's going to get humbled. If our paths cross eventually, I'm going to get him, if that's what the matchmakers in the UFC wants to do. I doubt UFC would let that even happen because there's money in this guy, he can bring the crowd to Ireland and Europe, they're not going to give him nobody like me who is going to destroy this guy. But the dude's eventually going to get his."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Does anywhere in Dublin sell Dethrone gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Does anywhere in Dublin sell Dethrone gear?

There's that wrestling shop on top floor of Stephens Green S.C, i think they sell a lot of MMA shirts etc, dunno if they sell dethrone but you could always ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

A few fair points from Diego!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    There's that wrestling shop on top floor of Stephens Green S.C, i think they sell a lot of MMA shirts etc, dunno if they sell dethrone but you could always ask them

If it's specifically the McGregor tee you're looking for they have it. At least they did last week when I was in there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

He has Sanchez wound up to bits,he was snapping on the MMA hour good trolling from Conor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Conor gonna be on the Late Late this Friday

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/397796236906217472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Nice wan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Conor gonna be on the Late Late this Friday

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/397796236906217472

Compelling viewing, can't wait for the plug for a Dublin tailor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope they show his entrance in Boston, would be good for the general public to see how Conor gets treated abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hope they show his entrance in Boston, would be good for the general public to see how Conor gets treated abroad.

I'm sure they will, it was pretty amazing!!

Anybody know what time he is due on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

billy2012 wrote: »
    I'm they will, it was pretty amazing!!

Anybody know what time he is due on?

Ye what time? I don't wanna get stuck watching the whole late late show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Compelling viewing, can't wait for the plug for a Dublin tailor.
    THERE IT IS!!

(kind of, the dickie bow tie, which looks terrible in my opinion :p)

May!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

He just said the UFC have the O2 booked for may??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

El Guapo! wrote: »
    May!!!

What was that?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

F**k It!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Good interview from him (esp considering it was Tubridy), shame they couldn't get a few small clips off the UFC from his last fight (just say the entrance and hilarious exchange between the rounds). Came over a little cocky at times, but that's what does it for him with the American audiences so you can't blame him. Definitely full of beans to put it one way, though!

"P. Diddy's a little up his own ass to be honest with you, I didn't even want to get in the picture I felt like giving him a left in the chin. But it's LA, you're all just there to meet people. P. Diddy was on the bottom of the list I wanted to meet, especially after actually meeting him" Bit of a holy f*** moment ha! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

did he just let slip about the o2 in MAY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Date can be changed to June or July depending on how Conor's recovery goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

srumball wrote: »
    did he just let slip about the o2 in MAY?

Not let slip. Conor didn't realise that a quote from Garry Cook was on twitter about that very topic after UFC in Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't have rte, just reading the comments, will catch up on the rte player tomorrow but theres some shyte talk on the late late forum.

Mad about the p diddy comments, he must be a 2pac fan!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ....theres some shyte talk on the late late forum.

Don't go in there. It'll only do your head in listening to people talk crap about something they have no clue about, yet have no desire whatsoever to understand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor insinuated UFC is waiting for him to get healthy before booking the Dublin show, which obvi makes sense. They can do it later, too.

Quote from Ariel :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Don't go in there. It'll only do your head in listening to people talk crap about something they have no clue about, yet have no desire whatsoever to understand!

"I don't like the cut of his jib, therefore this tv show is making me ashamed to be Irish. Now where's the remote so I can watch Dot Cotton on the Graham Norton show"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Was it just me or did anyone else get impression they are coming twice next year?
    "They've got the O2 booked for May as well....I'm not supposed to say anything, but f**k it!!

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Was it just me or did anyone else get impression they are coming twice next year?

Unlikely to be fair. There doing other European cities throughout next year.

dave1982 wrote: »

No, they probably just have a few dates provisionally booked.

I hope it is not Diego Sanchez his opponent because that would be sufficient to be the headliner. If Conor is co-main we could be in line for a very good main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

unknown13 wrote: »
    I hope it is not Diego Sanchez his opponent because that would be sufficient to be the headliner. If Conor is co-main we could be in line for a very good main event.

they could put anyone in there and the vast majority of the irish public who'd go to see connor wouldn't have a clue about anyone else

Arawn wrote: »
    they could put anyone in there and the vast majority of the irish public who'd go to see connor wouldn't have a clue about anyone else
    ...or Conor, beyond his nationality. :p

Sad, but true. Most of the same people going "auw Gawd, what a cringe interview!" about the LLS tonight would be jumping up and down for him in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

unknown13 wrote: »

Realistically I can't see anyone but Conor headlining it. And expect 3-5 other Irish guys on the card. Reality is you'll have an event which will sell out in hours not too far off the standard of a Cage Warriors show. Only difference is for the cost of sitting front row at a Cage Warriors event; probably won't even get you into the building that night. Open your eyes people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Xlami wrote: »
    expect 3-5 other Irish guys on the card.

eh really? so deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dana was already asked if Conor would headline in Dublin and he said no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can't see how he would headline tbf. He's only had 2 prelim fights...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement