Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conor McGregor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Today's metro

Sorry, but that article is absolute shite in my opinion.

Delighted to see Conor get publicity, but that writer spent most of that piece waffling on about how he'd be great at something he never tried and boring the arse off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jax Teller wrote: »
    This is a bit better quality and you won't hurt your neck reading it .

What the f*ck was that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Conor is now tweeting at White and Fertitta looking to get on UFC 159 as a short-notice replacement for Joe Proctor at 155 lbs. What a fighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Mcgregor campaigning on Twitter to replace injured Joe Proctor against Al Iaquinta at UFC 159.

Fair to play to him. Not doubting he could beat Iaquinta at 155lbs but its very soon!

Doubt the UFC will go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Al Iaquinta - good cardio stand up
    lost his first UFC fight so he'd be well motivated..... wouldn't be an easy opponent
    but fair balls.... I'd say cool the jets chillout after your win and then train for August but if they say yes It'll still be deadly : ) what a card to get on and with his hype white-hot right now?... not like he suffered anything in the last fight... he's good to go ! feck it do it : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I know Conor said he wouldn't mind a fight at 155. But I'd really prefer to see him stay at 145 for a while. Even with an edge at 155, it's bigger at 145. Plus 155 is stacked and 145 is perfectly set up for a rise to the top.

yeah fair enough he's not big at 155 and he's good value at 145 but he can take this guy and he's fresh off a good camp with no injuries and the net is going nuts about him so..... life is short !

On paper it's a foolish move, probably.... but.... my head isn't thinkin straight since an Irish fighter just battered some lad in the UFC the other night and took home the bonus : )

If I was his manager (and luckily for him I'm not) I'd say

'fuk it...let's do it!'

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭CageWarriors

Delete *wrong thread*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Mellor wrote: »
    I know Conor said he wouldn't mind a fight at 155. But I'd really prefer to see him stay at 145 for a while. Even with an edge at 155, it's bigger at 145. Plus 155 is stacked and 145 is perfectly set up for a rise to the top.

With the momentum he has inside and outside the cage at the moment, I don't see the harm in him stepping up and if he was successful, both the UFC and the fans will go bananas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

He will probably get on the card with it being New Jersey and New York is a stones throw away.

• Advertisement

like loooney bananas.... on the Jones Sonnen card??? awwww it'd be so deadly.....but that's my UFC balls speakin and not my brain : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I doubt the UFC will go for it. They know they could have a star and wont want to risk him losing.

I also highly doubt we will see him at 155 for a bit. I know he wants to but Dana is gonna want to keep him at 145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I would imagine the UFC would prefer him on the Boston card. Also Dana doesn't seem to allow fighters to jump from one weight to another. You move up you stay up.

anyone readin his twitter today? what the hell is going on? some a$$hole messin with his head.... not a clever idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

It's a joke FFS

ha fairnufsky

248943.jpg

ahem
    I think we're off track again haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

MrStuffins wrote: »
    248943.jpg

Guy was a little diiiiikhead deserves a slap

Ray Mond wrote: »
    Guy was a little diiiiikhead deserves a slap

I didn't see what he was saying but it's awesome to see Twitter hard men get a shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

He deleted his Twitter?

I wonder can he delete his house?

hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This is the type of thing Conor will have to learn how to ignore,
    The more know he becomes the more people he'll get hating on him,
    He is better off not replying to this sort of thing, Its this sort of stuff that the media who already have a problem with MMA will pick up on, Every famous sports star has people abusing them on twitter , he'll have to learn to deal with it and not take the bate ,

This is the type of thing Conor will have to learn how to ignore,
    The more know he becomes the more people he'll get hating on him,
    He is better off not replying to this sort of thing, Its this sort of stuff that the media who already have a problem with MMA will pick up on, Every famous sports star has people abusing them on twitter , he'll have to learn to deal with it and not take the bate ,

I fail to see what he has done wrong here.

whether it's right or wrong or professional or not to us I'd still say he's havin the craic with it all, he's not carrying the weight of 'MMA' on his back he's just bein himself I'd say.... and more power to him, I'm sick of 'managed' sportsmen - take him or leave him as he is.

"Sure he's a Role Model to the kids Joe! What if my Mary & Peter start calling people out on their sh*t on Twitter Joe?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

jaysus I hope not it would contradict one of the central tenets of the internet..

"....the keyboard-katana allows the traditional keyboard warrior to manifest his true warrior nature in a safe and removed environment, from which he will suffer no real-life repercussions..."

It's a bit much,is he going to go around his house and give him a hammering or something?

It just does'nt look great or the having a laugh bit does'nt come across.He would be better to just ignore a fool like that,I'd say the same about any sportsman.

He hasn't gone around to his house though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've just wangled 4 tickets for The Late Late show tomorrow night, myself and The Wench will be going, joined by mrstuffins, i have dean (el guapo) coming back to me in a few hours to see if he can go or not, if not then i have 1 spare place. Minimum stipulation is that you have at least 200 posts in the MMA forum at the time i post this.

These are standby tickets, but she said we'd get in for Conor's portion of the show, and each guest will be getting the 'One for everyone in the audience' prize' (Last time we got a night away in a 4 star hotel & spa with 3 course meal and wine)

First come first served (If Dean can't do it)

I'd think the UFC would look down on that kind of thing is really my point,its only some muppet on the internet.

That may be true but Dana himself is always feeding the trolls on Twitter. I think it's hilarious!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've just wangled 4 tickets for The Late Late show tomorrow night, myself and The Wench will be going, joined by mrstuffins, i have dean (el guapo) coming back to me in a few hours to see if he can go or not, if not then i have 1 spare place. Minimum stipulation is that you have at least 200 posts in the MMA forum at the time i post this.

These are standby tickets, but she said we'd get in for Conor's portion of the show, and each guest will be getting the 'One for everyone in the audience' prize' (Last time we got a night away in a 4 star hotel & spa with 3 course meal and wine)

First come first served (If Dean can't do it)

Dean's coming

Dean's coming

El Guapo you tease!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Fair play to the lad delighted for him.

That may be true but Dana himself is always feeding the trolls on Twitter. I think it's hilarious!
    What do trolls eat ? Just curious :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

just listened to his interview on the ESPN podcast. Pretty sure Gareth & Ben are in love with him.

• Advertisement

Big Davey wrote: »
    What do trolls eat ? Just curious :-)

The attention of people who should know better I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Dean's coming

Jesus man, at least buy me a drink first!
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Don't know if it's been posted, McGregor on talkSport, followed by Luke Barnatt.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/extra-time/130411/gareth-davies-latest-ufc-news-195412

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Jesus man, at least buy me a drink first!
    :pac:

Buy?? It's a free bar before the show ;)

Buy?? It's a free bar before the show ;)
    Yes cheap screw cap wine ! Red or white sir ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Thought I would be joining ye lads, but now I have to work! Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0411/554700/al-iaquinta/

Al Iaquinta, a former runner-up on The Ultimate Fighter, has decided to remove himself from April's UFC 159: Jones Vs. Sonnen card, just a day after Joe Proctor pulled out of their planned fight with an injury. "I have been training through an injury to my leg the past six weeks, re-injuring it again a little more seriously last Saturday," said Iaquinta, in an interview with FightLine Thursday. "I was going to push through it and fight anyway. When I heard Joe pulled out, I decided not to fight at UFC 159 and rehab my injury back to 100-percent before taking another fight."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Thought I would be joining ye lads, but now I have to work! Gutted.

You have some spare tix then?

"I was going to push through it, but then I heard Connor McGregor wanted the fight. F*ck that!"

"I was going to push through it, but then I heard Connor McGregor wanted the fight. F*ck that!"

You really could be right there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement