Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

social welfare and maintenance

• 06-04-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi my wife is getting over 330 euro a week from the social welfare and then 90 euro a week from children`s allowance plus what ever else she`s been getting (medical card, fuel allowance, travel pass and so on) now we`re separated a long time now and my question is. Is she entitled to all that if she`s getting over 250 euro a week from me in maintenance and should I report her ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Seems quite high, must be a lot of kids?

Report her just in case she has not declared maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

I`ve 3 kids I`m left with a total of 255 euro to defend myself with housing/rent food clothing its not a lot after working a long week of shifts late some weeks early others I don't think she has been declaring what I give her and I think its time to. she`s just greedy money grabber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Why are you reporting her? You do know you'll be taking bread from the children's mouths??

If you think your maintenance is too high, then take to court and get it adjusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

travel pass? Is she getting carers allowance? (just wondering)

• Advertisement

You do know you'll be taking bread from the children's mouths??

:rolleyes:

Sounds like she's living it up on lone parents and not declaring maintenance. The kids will hardly suffer if she's assessed correctly. The kids will have food get a grip.

why am I reporting her well its like this she`s turned my kids against me so they don't want to see me and she`s getting way to much money from the state and she doesn't care that I could become homeless from this yes my circumstances have changed since court and I`ve tried to talk to her but tells me to talk to her through the solicitors and now I hope she owes the social welfare some money I really do

travel pass? Is she getting carers allowance? (just wondering)
    I honestly don't know all of whats shes getting I just know when its all added up (the things I do know about ) she`s getting around 700 euro a week tax free and crying poor mouth to the judge when we get to court

Jovetic wrote: »

I tried to sent that just now but kept saying an error so ill ring on Monday thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

If you report her she Will lose her loan parents and Will probably go after you for even more money, she would probably get it too. If she is turning your kids against you this Will probably give her more ammunition to use against you if she is the spitefull type. She Will end up with less money but you won't have any extra probably less so the only ones you Will really hurt are your kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Why are you reporting her? You do know you'll be taking bread from the children's mouths??

If you think your maintenance is too high, then take to court and get it adjusted.
    I guess because its classed as fraud

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement