Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laryngitis And the Orals

• 06-04-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

I have developed laryngitis in the past two days and can barely talk. I had laryngitis at christmas and it lasted a month until i could talk properly again. If its not back before the orals which the doctor doubts it will be what are my options and what can i do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    I have developed laryngitis in the past two days and can barely talk. I had laryngitis at christmas and it lasted a month until i could talk properly again. If its not back before the orals which the doctor doubts it will be what are my options and what can i do?

I'm fairly certain if you're sick you can postpone the oral, I think to some time late in May? I'll try get some proper information for you, I definitely know someone a few years ago who was able to do this. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's the sort of laryngitis where you sound like you're whispering they might let you go ahead with it if you'd like to, as all that's needed is that they can hear you.
    If it's the voice gone completely type of laryngitis, as Slow Show says they can postpone it (with a doctor's note).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Get yourself to the doctor, if you have a doctors note you can have the orals postponed until May. But the doctors note is a must.

Advertisement