Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best area to rent a house (D3 or D9)

Options
  • 06-04-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there!

I'm moving to Dublin next month and I would really appreciate some advice about which area is the best to rent a house for one person.

I don't mind if the area is not in the city centre, actually I prefer if it's 15 min away and the apartment/flat is better for the same price. My budget is max. 1000€pm.

My work office is at the Eastpoint Business Center, so I think Clontarf / Marino is the best area (not far from the city centre, not far from Eastpoint).

But I've found 2 bed apartments for the same price in Santry, Beaumont, Drumcondra. Which area is the best to rent? D3 or D9?

Is there any bus route/luas from D9 to Eastpoint?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nearest Luas stop would be the Point, but the line doesn't service the Northside really so would rule that out.

There's no direct bus, but I think they run a shuttle from Clontarf Road DART station?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no Luas or DART option for D9. So you'd need to get a bus to Fairview/Marino/Clontarf, and then either walk or get the shuttle bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sebastianmtnez

Thanks a lot for your information! I really appreciate it.

Ok, then I think I should discard D9. What about D8 (Old Kilmainham Rd, St James Hospital area)? is it a good area to live? There are a few red luas stops in D8 (Fatima, James's), 11 stops to The Point. How long does it take to get from Fatima to the Point?

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

st anthonys road in rialto at fatima luas is extremely rough

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

You might consider Stoneybatter, beside the Smithfield and Museum stop or Smithfield itself. It's the subject of other posts on this site - pleasant area, beside the Phoenix Park, home to a decent range of restaurants and pubs. Not sure of rental costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hi there!

I'm moving to Dublin next month and I would really appreciate some advice about which area is the best to rent a house for one person.

I don't mind if the area is not in the city centre, actually I prefer if it's 15 min away and the apartment/flat is better for the same price. My budget is max. 1000€pm.

My work office is at the Eastpoint Business Center, so I think Clontarf / Marino is the best area (not far from the city centre, not far from Eastpoint).

But I've found 2 bed apartments for the same price in Santry, Beaumont, Drumcondra. Which area is the best to rent? D3 or D9?

Is there any bus route/luas from D9 to Eastpoint?

Thanks a lot

Free regular Shuttle buses run from Docklands Train Station, clontarf train station and the Spencer Dock Luas Stop. That opens up a lot of areas from the whole Red Luas line, places like Ashtown, Castleknock on Docklands line and then whole of the DART line. It's actually very easy to get to the business park.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why don't your try areas like Clontarf,Killester or Dolymount..?from these areas you could walk or take a short bus/train journey to east point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Having spent time in jobs where there was 3 hours a day spent on buses, I've learned it's worth paying to get a shorter commute. All that time spent travelling is wasted, and unrecoverable. If getting a short commute means paying more, I'd pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Nearest Luas stop would be the Point, but the line doesn't service the Northside really so would rule that out.

There's no direct bus, but I think they run a shuttle from Clontarf Road DART station?

In fact there is a shuttle bus from The Point to Eastpoint.

Its a 45-55 minute commute from Rialto to Eastpoint by Luas/Shuttle.

Advertisement