Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound wave tattoo in new york

Options
  • 06-04-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

hi,

i want to get a tattoo of a soundwave (of my girlfriend talking) around my side and kinda going under my boob.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to design this?

and i am going to new york in the next couple of weeks so was thinking of getting it done there, does anyone have any recomemendations in the manhatten area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Well essentially that'll just be a load of vetical lines, so I'd say most places would be able to do that
    Can't imagine too many people have experience of tattooing in New York though....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ene wrote: »
    and i am going to new york in the next couple of weeks so was thinking of getting it done there, does anyone have any recomemendations in the manhatten area?

How long are you going for? Travelling while healing a tattoo/piercing is not pleasant, and is not recommended really, especially given the amount of infections that can be circulated on board a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

The only shops id know in the manhattan area are "New York Adorned" and "Kings Avenue Tattoo"

http://www.kingsavenuetattoo.com/

http://www.nyadorned.com/

Allstar tattoo here in limerick had guest artists from these shops during the year so that's how i know them really

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i am going for a week, i never really thought of the travelling with a new tattoo. The last tattoos i got was in croatia and they are brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I looked into doing this. If you have either garageband (mac) or sound recorder (windows) you can record a soundbite and see it visually. You need her to say something decently long and varied (mix of different pronunciation sounds) to make it look good. You can always zoom in and stretch it out to see the variances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Download a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) like Audacity or Reaper (I prefer Reaper, you can get a free trial version) and just record her talking.
    With reaper you can use different colours / themes etc.
    A sound wave tattoo might not turn out as attractive as you'd like, This is a quick 2-second clip I just grabbed a screengrab of:

248287.jpg

Though it is a cool personal idea and something I intend on getting at some stage too. (Though not of your girlfriend talking :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

248289.png

well my initial sound wave was this one.

i thought it looked alright, but i was wanting some thing else on it kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

I thought I'd seen something like this, so went for a wee look

090a58a2373354973a5a9eb8223a2a59.jpg

Nice idea!

Advertisement