Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone make me an app please ?

Options
  • 06-04-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting an app made.its in relation to add/ADHD.i have some funding .where would I get it made and about howth does it cost. Thanks. Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

cathy01 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting an app made.its in relation to add/ADHD.i have some funding .where would I get it made and about howth does it cost. Thanks. Cathy

I'm afraid you'd need to provide much much more information for anyone to be of real help here.

What platforms are you targeting? Phones and tablets? What does the app consists of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Some rough ideas here:
    http://waracle.net/how-much-does-it-cost-to-develop-an-app-for-iphone-or-google-android/
    here:
    http://www.formotus.com/14018/blog-mobility/figuring-the-costs-of-custom-mobile-business-app-development
    and here: (this being the most informative imo)
    http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/read/opnion-how-much-should-a-mobile-business-app-cost/019577
    As the first respondent said, you need to provide more detail - what does the app do, is it to run on iPhones, Android Devices, Blackberry Devices, Microsoft Devices etc, is server side development/technology required (for user databases for instance).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Well now.
    Id like the person to be able to go to the app and say,
    adult with add/adhd
    parent/career of a person with add/adhd
    Then for that to go on to give different information

Such as
    medication,
    click on the name of the table, learn side effects etc Or entitlements click on that and learn about careers benefit
    Or support groups,
    click on your area and learn about what's available in your area.

Sort of a map ,
    if you know what I mean.
    Am I making Sense
    And I don't want to be robbed but believe in paying a fair price for a fair piece of work, that's why I'm putting it on boards, because I trust you lot to say XYZ and Ill do ZYZ, I'm not a business person, just a MAM.:p
    Thanks for the help.
    Cathy

I didn't think there was a difference android apple , what ever is needed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I didn't think there was a difference android apple , what ever is needed .
    Firstly, you'd probably want both an iPhone and Android version, otherwise you'll lose out on a fair chunk of your target audience. Fortunately, on the surface what you're looking for is a pretty simple app, so I'd go for something which is written using a multi-platform framework, or even a hybrid app, which would be essentially an app wrapper for a mobile Web site.

Honestly, this is something that as long as you have a design and all of the necessary graphical and text content ready, would take only a few days to put together at most.
    if you know what I mean.
    Am I making Sense
    This is the bit that's going to cost you money, because you're a bit fuzzy on it.

And if you're not sure what you want, you're going to end up getting things wrong, taking time in its design and wasting time - and you're going to be paying for that wasted time.

If you do your homework and actually define what you want properly, before going on the clock and choose someone able to communicate with you (I'd recommend the use of Web prototypes), then this should minimize this process.

Total time should be no more than two man weeks at most, probably a lot less - at whatever is the rate is in Ireland nowadays. Design and analysis are the key to keeping your cost down though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Well now.
    Id like the person to be able to go to the app and say,
    adult with add/adhd
    parent/career of a person with add/adhd
    Then for that to go on to give different information

Such as
    medication,
    click on the name of the table, learn side effects etc Or entitlements click on that and learn about careers benefit
    Or support groups,
    click on your area and learn about what's available in your area.

Sort of a map ,
    if you know what I mean.
    Am I making Sense
    And I don't want to be robbed but believe in paying a fair price for a fair piece of work, that's why I'm putting it on boards, because I trust you lot to say XYZ and Ill do ZYZ, I'm not a business person, just a MAM.:p
    Thanks for the help.
    Cathy

If you are just giving out information to people then your needs might be better met with a website that is designed to be responsive. This means the display adjusts match the size of the screen on which it is being displayed. I would only recommend building an app when you need to do something that cannot be easily done on a website. Building a website means that you don't have to worry about maintaining multiple versions of the app too. Just my 2 cents.

The website is www.adhd.ie
    but it needs updating, something that's GOING to be worked on, as you cant even download the documents when you click on them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The website is www.adhd.ie
    Ahem... excuse me if this is too indelicate a question, but when you have "some funding", what roughly do you mean?

I ask because, if your current (and frightenly recent) Website (that really should be sent off to the glue factory) is any judge of budget, I'd hazard a guess that it's not very big. App development ain't cheap.

Advertisement