Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snipersystems bipod

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You can buy a Harris genuine one for a €10 more, and the Deben for €20-40 less.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

So harris is 110 but the snipersystems can be got for 60-70!Best bet is to look for a second hand harris mabye.

See a second hand harris bipod ultralight seris1A2 how much are they worth new and r they good? :)

1shot16 wrote: »
    ........... the snipersystems can be got for 60-70!
    Where?

The link above says €93 for the bipod, and €17 for delivery. That's €110. For that money i would go for a Harris.

If you want something for €70 go for Deben.
    Best bet is to look for a second hand harris mabye.
    You can do that as well.
    See a second hand harris bipod ultralight seris1A2 how much are they worth new and r they good? :)
    Depends on size, and swivel/non swivel. From €69-€129 new. Second hand €40 - €75.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    Where?

The link above says €93 for the bipod, and €17 for delivery. That's €110. For that money i would go for a Harris.

The same seller has a few up to bid on!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/310644795034?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_626wt_1271

They normally go for 40-55 + shipping!

Im gona try get a second hand harris 6-9" :)

Ah, i see.

If you cannot get a harris, and they (the ones above) are going for 70 (including shipping) then go for that.

Your own choice really.

• Advertisement

Ye think thats the best option if you see a harris 6-9 on this if you dont mind pm the link thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Heard these do a good job and some people say there as good as the harris bipods!Any one have one or heard of anyone saying good things about them!?They are around 100 euro but the same seller also puts them so you can bid and you can get them for 20-40 less!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Snipersystems-Mk-V-9-16-bipod-podlok-like-Harris-swivel-tilting-rifle-shooting-/281082794542?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4171d7122e#ht_626wt_1271

Get yourself an atlas and never look back. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

bravestar wrote: »
    Get yourself an atlas and never look back. :)

I agree, superb bit of kit.

So what do ye think new atlas or second hand harris in good condition!?Think harris would be the best!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

The atlas is by far much better than the harris

• Advertisement

Just had a quick look on ebay 260+ 50 p&p = nearly three times as much as the harris now i see why the atlas are better haha.Im guessing there are cheaper models!?Looking to spend 40-90 euro money is tight but i want something that will last...a few years hopefully :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ATLAS-Bipod-With-Accuracy-International-Spigot-BT19-/290851372189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b817bc9d

Was waiting for you to do a check.

Easier for something to be far better when it's triple the price. If you want something for the €60 try find a second hand Harris or look on the for sale section. Failing that a new Deben is in your price range.

Just had a quick look on ebay 260+ 50 p&p = nearly three times as much as the harris now i see why the atlas are better haha.Im guessing there are cheaper models!?Looking to spend 40-90 euro money is tight but i want something that will last...a few years hopefully :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ATLAS-Bipod-With-Accuracy-International-Spigot-BT19-/290851372189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b817bc9d

Buy once cry once! The atlas is pricey but worth it. If all you can afford is a Harris, then work away, I used one for long enough but nothin tops an atlas and no, they don't really get cheaper, unfortunately!

Buy once cry once!

Harris may do for now haha.Things arent build like they were.... for 120 euro for a bipod ud expect them to last a years but now most things last alot less and cost more unless u pay a ridiculous amount for something and thats coming from a young lad like me haha.

Harris may do for now haha.Things arent build like they were.... for 120 euro for a bipod ud expect them to last a years but now most things last alot less and cost more unless u pay a ridiculous amount for something and thats coming from a young lad like me haha.

Ah now in fairness, the harris will probably last for a very long time! I wasn't so much putting them down, just saying that I think the atlas is better. Once you get the harris and use it for a while, dont go near an atlas, your wallet will hate you if you do :D

I still use a harris on my .22lr as I got an atlas with AI spigot for my .223.

Would you notice a huge difference going from you atlas to your harris? :)

Would you notice a huge difference going from you atlas to your harris? :)

For a .22lr, other than the deployment of the legs and ease of adjustment, no. But using a atlas and then a harris for longer range stuff, 600 yards +, then yes. The atlas recoils differently and makes it alot easier to consistently load the bipod thus giving the rifle something (you) consistent to recoil against.

Those of you who own an Atlas can you do a review, and comparison against Harris, Deben, etc. IOW what makes the same type of bipod up to 4 times more expensive?

Cass wrote: »
    Those of you who own an Atlas can you do a review, and comparison against Harris, Deben, etc. IOW what makes the same type of bipod up to 4 times more expensive?

I'll be honest with you Cass, while I personally think it does everything, faster, better, smoother and more consistently. Unless it has some hidden toast making function, I still think the price is insane. That being said, the thing is built like a tank and oozes quality.

I'll be honest with you Cass, while I personally think it does everything, faster, better, smoother and more consistently. Unless it has some hidden toast making function, I still think the price is insane. That being said, the thing is built like a tank and oozes quality.

If ur not short of money go for the altas but the way the country is gone im sure if u tell ur wife or parents in my case u spent 300 for a bipod i think they would go spa haha :P

• Advertisement

If ur not short of money go for the altas but the way the country is gone im sure if u tell ur wife or parents in my case u spent 300 for a bipod i think they would go spa haha :P

Haha yea the misses snagged me with this purchase since the postman arrived and wanted around 60 odd quid customs/vat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Haha yea the misses snagged me with this purchase since the postman arrived and wanted around 60 odd quid customs/vat :)

Ye i got a large amount of vat about 40 euro as i ordered from basspro.com good shop but they get 45% of the value of u goods(for no reason!?) then 20 dollars shipping...by the time u paid for everything its double what the goods were worth!

Order off ebay the whole time and never got taxed get gold and silver coins from the us... parents arent too impressed haha have a serious collect at this stage the gold one is from the civil war which is pretty cool haha!

If you dont what to get hit with vat get one off a good ebay seller and make sure there good feedback.Never had a problem on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

Have the biggest of the sniper systems bipods ,

Pro. Sturdy , quick to use , comfortable for shooting from a sitting or kneeling position .

Cons price is too close to Harris

And with the big ones the legs when closed don't go straight up but sit out a bit and tend to get caught on the odd branch .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I have an atlas and love it, the loads of the bipod does make a huge difference, something you cant really understand until you actually use it! The quality is better than any other bipod I have used (Harris,deben and a few others) but I admit the price is a bit much.

Ah now u cant be paintin em all with the same brush! :p My atlas was a present form herself! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

I also have an atlas, I went for the non quick release which in reality can be removed with a flat head screwdriver in a few seconds any way.
    It has no springs and is better in every way than a harris which I have as well, they are expensive but are an excellent bit of kit.

patsat wrote: »
    My atlas was a present form herself! :pac:

Haha she must be into shooting herself then to understand theres a difference between a harris and atlas other than the price haha

The price is like that as no other bipod even touches it and until a company comes up with something as good as it or better the price will stay the same!Only my guess! :)

There would be a flood of rival products if the companies disregarded sale prices, and put the R&D into it. So if Harris wanted to they could make one to rival or beat Atlas, but the price would go from €80 uo tp €250.

Same with Deben, Stoney Point, etc.

Sinclair do a similar model, but it's still cheaper than Atlas.

I'm not taking away from what ye are saying. The Atlas may very well be the mutt's nuts, but at 3-4 times the price of other bipods i would expect nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I find the Caldwell XLA bi-pods to be excellent. I have 4 of them.
    Have had Harris and Rockmount in the past...

• Advertisement
Advertisement