Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car keyed maynooth Main Street

Options
  • 06-04-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Went to Avenue restaurant this evening, first time out in about 6 months, went in just before 7 came out at 8 had parked on street across from the school, came out to find whole side of wife's car keyed.

There's clearly some little scumbag after doing it, it's only an 08 but the wife just bought it last week and it was very well kept for its first 5 years, never would have expected that to happen. It is not a premium brand car.

I hope he dies roaring in agony.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Be aware of the risk of parking your car there. I'll be taking my business elsewhere as it is not worth hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On street across from school - up the Kilcock road or somewhere else?

Anywhere on the main street I'd imagine there's CCTV, up there there might not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Dunboyne Road I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This happened to a friend i work with too. Awful thing to happen. Yesterday eve, she had parked up the road on the way to Tesco coming from Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

I assume that these incidents were reported to the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

We all know what they say about ' ASSume ' .Alas the only outcome of that course of action would be to waste your time ,IF you could actually find a Garda to talk to -would want to be prepared to queue for a while also!One mid afternoon last Summer was out on a nearby green area with my kids where teen boys were clearly dealing 'tablets'.About 300-400m from the local Garda station.I went home and tried to phone the station in question,another station and the Garda confidential report line and got no answer from any of them .Wouldnt want to have an intruder in the house would you !I have nothing but respect for the Gardai ,they are clearly criminally under resourced .Its the politicians who have allowed the country to be plundered I blame 'Councillor' ,so its a bit rich to post on here that the OP should have reported it to the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

2011abc wrote: »
    We all know what they say about ' ASSume ' .Alas the only outcome of that course of action would be to waste your time ,IF you could actually find a Garda to talk to -would want to be prepared to queue for a while also!One mid afternoon last Summer was out on a nearby green area with my kids where teen boys were clearly dealing 'tablets'.About 300-400m from the local Garda station.I went home and tried to phone the station in question,another station and the Garda confidential report line and got no answer from any of them .Wouldnt want to have an intruder in the house would you !I have nothing but respect for the Gardai ,they are clearly criminally under resourced .Its the politicians who have allowed the country to be plundered I blame 'Councillor' ,so its a bit rich to post on here that the OP should have reported it to the Gardai.

Kildare has always been vastly under resourced. To be fair, Catherine Murphy has always been campaigning for more guards, but her online petition has been up for months and only garnered 124 signatures (at time of posting)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

Unfortunately the allocation of gardai is a matter for the Garda Commissioner and he has consistently refused to allocate additional garda to county Kildare. We need a 50% increase in numbers to bring us up to the national average.

However, all crimes should be reported to the garda authorities and we have a 24/7 garda station in Leixlip for doing so. At a meeting of the County Kildare Joint Policing Committee I raised the issue of drinking in public in Maynooth, which is against the law. The Chief Superintendent said that he had no complaints of drinking in public in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Councillor makes a fair point. If people don't report incidents to the Gardai then the council have no data to back them up when looking for extra resources.

Advertisement