Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best area for a young family?

Options
  • 06-04-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of moving to either Clane or Maynooth, It's important that I find a good school and in a community that's good to raise kids. Also I found that to rent is much cheaper in Clane than Maynooth. Is there any reason for this beyond Clane being further from Dublin? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

Rent is high in Maynooth because of the College. Much better train and bus service in Maynooth that in Clane. Both areas have good schools and they are good areas to raise children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Surely Maynooth is far , far more suitable ?The only advantage I could see Clane having is a bit more of a sense of rural isolation .Transport links infinitely better in Maynooth .Shops likewise.No comparison in my opinion .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maynooth has everything you need ,well except a public pool and cinema .
    I have 3 very young kids and my only issue with the whole town is we are having a major school place issue for the eldest for Sept but hat is because she was 11 months old before we got her name down in the Gael Scoil.(we only moved here then)
    Everything is within walking distance.
    5 Supermarkets (Aldi,Lidl,Super Valu,Tesco and Dunnes)
    Lovely playgrounds,
    good mother and toddler group,
    train,bus eireann and Dublin bus,
    one of the best secondary schools in the country,
    loads of places to walk with kids and dogs,
    really friendly people.
    loads of coffee shops.

Advertisement