Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back of neck piercing (nape piercing)

Options
  • 07-04-2013 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    I'm just wondering if anyone can advise me as to where's the best studio/piercer in dublin to get a nape piercing.
    I've been thinking about this for a long time and have done lots of research but i'm extremely nervous and i hate needles.

I've heard good things about Wildcat and Iconic art, any sugestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I got my nape pierced by steve in snakebite. Napes have a high rejection rate, and mine has lasted longer than anyone I know (pushing 3 years now) and I put that down to Steve. He completely relaxed me, spent a good half hour talking to be about the piercing and after care before actually executing it. Id recommend them 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I got three nape piercings by Patric (Iconic Art). He knows his stuff, is priced well (not too cheap or expensive) and he's just a genuinely nice guy to deal with. Mine are all healing fine, and he covers as many down-sizes as you need. Would also fully recommend.

Also, in response to Cupcake_Crisis, nape piercings last indefinitely when done well. They have a "high rejection rate" because a lot of piercers don't do them well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got three nape piercings by Patric (Iconic Art). He knows his stuff, is priced well (not too cheap or expensive) and he's just a genuinely nice guy to deal with. Mine are all healing fine, and he covers as many down-sizes as you need. Would also fully recommend.

Also, in response to Cupcake_Crisis, nape piercings last indefinitely when done well. They have a "high rejection rate" because a lot of piercers don't do them well :P

Poor aftercare plays a big part in rejection too. It's a difficult piercing to take care of, so as well as being well done, the person needs to be committed to aftercare.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Poor aftercare plays a big part in rejection too. It's a difficult piercing to take care of, so as well as being well done, the person needs to be committed to aftercare.

Correction, the person needs a friend(s) who's willing to clean it for them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Correction, the person needs a friend(s) who's willing to clean it for them :P

I can clean mine perfectly fine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Napes have a high rejection rate, and mine has lasted longer than anyone I know (pushing 3 years now) and I put that down to Steve.

Only 3 years that's nothing:D:D:D--Im pushing almost 9 years now(August 2004) and no sign of rejection.

Its all down to the piercer Id definately have to agree with.Got mine done in Wildcat when they were in Blanch shopping centre.

Cant remember the blokes name that did it but he measured everything twice and then measured again.

OP just go to a reputable that's done Napes before and you`ll be grand.

Advertisement