Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad restaurant experience.

Options
  • 07-04-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I'm furious! I have never before felt the necessity to write any kind of negative review about a restaurant, but tonight was a disaster and left several members of my family very upset.

For two months we've been planning my brother's 40th birthday celebration but Seapoint restaurant in Monkstown managed to completely ruin the evening with appalling service and food.

A group of 10 of my family including my elderly parents arrived at Seapoint at 8.20 on Saturday evening and ordered our food at 8.50. It took a full hour for our starters to arrive and a further hour and a half for the main course, by which time quite a few of the party had to leave. The main courses were mostly over cooked and inedible yet the manager when challenged was not in the slightest bit concerned or interested.

I am appalled that any restaurant thinks they can treat people like this. DO NOT GO TO SEAPOINT!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

He was the manager but surely there is an owner?

I would sit down and write a letter to whoever is the owner of the restaurant, outlining your complaint and in particular the rudeness of the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Why did you pay if the food was so delayed and so bad? I'd have politely declined to pay, that would have gotten the manager's attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As the op is just ranting rather than seeking a discussion on what is really a consumer issue I am closing this.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

ado100 has PM'd me to say that the owner contacted him personally to apologise for the standard of service received.

@ado100 - Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement