Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scamorza?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the scamorza cheese in Tiesan's 'Vegetarian' breakfast is made with vegetarian rennet?

I'm looking for somewhere to go for breakfast.

I know I could ask the cafe themselves but chances are they will think the usual - no it doesn't have meat in it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

But how are we to know their supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

But how are we to know their supplier?

Maybe someone visited before and asked who their supplier was and checked up or maybe someone who works or used to work there etc?

Or maybe someone here might know more than I do about scamorza cheese and knows it's like Parmesan and that it has to be made with animal rennet etc?

You never know schemingbohemia what useful information you find out on vegan & veggie boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Well asking them when you're in the place would likely elicit a quicker and more accurate response

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Weyhey wrote: »
    Anyone know if the scamorza cheese in Tiesan's 'Vegetarian' breakfast is made with vegetarian rennet?
    If it's genuine Italian scamorza then it's unlikely to be vegetarian. The Italians do like their animal rennet.

Advertisement