Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 threads of mine closed no reason

Options
  • 07-04-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi can somebody tell me why both of my treads in state benefits have been closed without any warning or reason as far as I know I didn't break any rules and both treads have been closed
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

It was probably because the threads (well at least one of them) seemed to be more about complaining about your wife and looking to get revenge by reporting her. I don't think that's what that forum is about.
    Maybe you should pm the forum mods and get clarification?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

El Guapo! wrote: »
    It was probably because the threads (well at least one of them) seemed to be more about complaining about your wife and looking to get revenge by reporting her. I don't think that's what that forum is about.
    Maybe you should pm the forum mods and get clarification?

maybe you`re right but its also about defrauding the state and I did ask 2 mods no reply since yesterday you`d think when they closed them they would have said something I guess I should have approached the wording differently and not mentioned its my wife at the end of the day she`s been creaming the whole system the last 4 years
    anyway thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Normally the mod will put in a note as to why a thread is being close so not sure why they didn't in this case but maybe different forums do things a different way. I agree with previous poster, PM the mods and ask why.

by the way yeah I was complaining about her but its more about the questions I asked which where is she getting 2 much from the state and should I report her that's it not looking to start the tread here I`d like a mod to get back to me and answer why the treads where closed I did send 2 private messages to 2 of them still no reply

there must be no mods on this site today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thecross1 wrote: »
    there must be no mods on this site today

It's a Sunday afternoon. People have families to look after, jobs to do, dinners to cook. Cop on and have a little bit of patience.

It's a Sunday afternoon. People have families to look after, jobs to do, dinners to cook. Cop on and have a little bit of patience.

well how come you can answer me within 2 minutes now but I get no answer to my questions I asked last night and no need for the rudeness

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thecross1 wrote: »
    well how come you can answer me within 2 minutes now but I get no answer to my questions I asked last night and no need for the rudeness

Some mods are on-line, some aren't. You can't expect all 500+ to be available at the same time, especially on a traditional day of rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's the weekend. Not everybody sits in front of a computer on Sunday afternoon. If you have PM'ed the mods, they will respond in due course. Please do not start any new threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Obviously do not stop by feedback that often.

Above is how things are run around here? Casual condescension of people who feel aggrieved? Poster was told to 'cop on' as it was Sunday and give the mods in question time, it's now Wednesday afternoon and nobody bothered getting back to him on what to me seems like a genuine problem.

'have little bit of patience' was advised. How much patience does one need exactly when dealing with boards.ie?

• Advertisement

Unless the mod knows about this thread, how would they reply?
    I'll send them a PM now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

... Above is how things are run around here? Casual condescension of people who feel aggrieved? Poster was told to 'cop on' as it was Sunday and give the mods in question time, it's now Wednesday afternoon and nobody bothered getting back to him on what to me seems like a genuine problem.

'have little bit of patience' was advised. How much patience does one need exactly when dealing with boards.ie?

+1

Awful attitude there by Insect Overlord.

i.e. you can get your point across while still being civil.

IO's first post above was a reply to a new thread started by the OP that said "there must be no mods on this site today" (just over 4 hours after his original post on Sunday morning).

That thread was merged with this one.

Mr E wrote: »
    IO's first post above was a reply to a new thread started by the OP that said "there must be no mods on this site today" (just over 4 hours after his original post on Sunday morning).

That thread was merged with this one.

fair enough - but the lack of motivation to deal with the posters query is still evident.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Seriously? Call Vodafone, ESB, Eircom and see how long it takes for someone to get back to you. The mods here mostly respond within a couple of hours to issues and these guys are volunteers. I would challenge you to find a company with response times to match boards. The OP was being unrealistic in his demands. It will be looked at. They always are

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I will PM the op.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

Mr E wrote: »

...That thread was merged with this one....

That does indeed put a different perspective on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

fair enough - but the lack of motivation to deal with the posters query is still evident.
    You have no idea if the poster's query has been dealt. Seeing as they haven't responded to this thread, it's likely that a moderator has since replied by PM and you're on here giving out about nothing.

seamus wrote: »
    You have no idea if the poster's query has been dealt. Seeing as they haven't responded to this thread, it's likely that a moderator has since replied by PM and you're on here giving out about nothing.

wow, you're right.

but at the same time how do we know either way, making my points and your just points just as relevant?

and neither would your point negate the fact that there's a condescending attitude to the OP.

and neither would your point negate the fact that there's a condescending attitude to the OP.

He started one thread on Sunday morning, and then stamped his foot with a new thread on Sunday afternoon to try and get attention.

The moderator has seen this thread and is going to deal with the thread closures by PM.

Speaking of thread closures....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement