Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for Tuxedo Rentals in NCD?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all. As above. Have been invited to a black tie event:( and google not throwing up much for NCD? Any personal experiences or recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

veetwin wrote: »
    Hi all. As above. Have been invited to a black tie event:( and google not throwing up much for NCD? Any personal experiences or recommendations?

Best thing to do is buy the shirt and bow tie in marks and sparks and just wear a black suit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a place over the O2 shop in Swords called AB Formal Wear. It's there a few years and is very popular, although I have no personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

+1 on AB Formal Wear. Got my wedding suits from there. Very good to deal with and its fresh shirts every time and you get to keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Black Tie on Swords Main Street has closed down but there is a sign in the window saying they are selling off there stock, might be wort checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

Have had great service from Dorian Black in Balbriggan.
    http://dorianblack.ie/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Really now, dont think Im messing but Tesco acutally do them.
    I know Black tie shut down but other brances have up to 80 5 off, there was an add int he star paper the other day with a voucher that gave you an extra 10%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

I had to go to a formal ball last November. Went into blacktie who were looking for 90 odd for rental. Went to M&S got the the jacket and trousers for €120 went into Debenhams got the shirt dickie bow and and cummerbund for €40. Wear it twice and ive made a saving. ......also.....I can always say I own a tux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Went to M&S got the the jacket and trousers for €120 went into Debenhams got the shirt dickie bow and and cummerbund for €40. Wear it twice and ive made a saving. ......also.....I can always say I own a tux

I would have no problem doing this if I thought there was the remotest possibility I'd ever wear it again:mad:

Seroiusly I went to black tie events twice in my lifetime. I'm pretty sure this will be the third and last time:rolleyes:

I've been looking for info on buying an rental tux from Black Tie but there seems to be very little info about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

dylbert wrote: »
    Black Tie on Swords Main Street has closed down but there is a sign in the window saying they are selling off there stock, might be wort checking.

Not really that surprising. It had some of the rudest staff I've ever encountered in any store ever.

Advertisement