Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Pinball Machine

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

After owning a pinball machine I don't think virtual pin would ever cut it for me, even with the best available parts.
    Nothing beats the sounds off the solenoids and metal parts clanking around its ****ing awesome :D

Have to agree there. Some of those Hyperpin setups are seriously sweet, but pinball is just one of those things that doesn't translate well to emulation imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I think the real attraction to a hyperpin setup is the number of tables you can play with a limited space in your house/flat (apartment). We have a Stern X-Men table here in work and it gets real boring real quick if your like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You have an X-Men in work! **** im working in the wrong place!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,807 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I think the real attraction to a hyperpin setup is the number of tables you can play with a limited space in your house/flat (apartment). We have a Stern X-Men table here in work and it gets real boring real quick if your like me :)

I would end up suffering from the usual spoiled for choice issues I have with MAME and probably not use any of them! :eek:

Can't beat a good dedicated machine. Be it a cab or a pin. It's a commitment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Advertisement

Shame they didnt get pusshead to do all the art on that.

Had a bit of time last night/today so decided to mess about with visual pinaball software.
    I have to say I'm impressed!
    obviously its not the real deal but its not bad.
    After messing around at my desk I made this setup on my coffee table.
    37" and 27"

2013-04-13%252015.22.08.jpg

2013-04-13%252015.58.41.jpg

2013-04-13%252015.58.48.jpg

im using future pinball.
    It was fairly handy to set up.

Master of the Universe

I have to admit, that really does look class!

Would be great if it could work with some 3D glasses to add depth :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Probably a silly question but how to you control the plunger and flippers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭sundodger5

urbanledge wrote: »
    Had a bit of time last night/today so decided to mess about with visual pinaball software.
    You had a bit of time and you came up with that, Fair play to you us mere mortals would take a long time to get that far.

• Advertisement

sundodger5 wrote: »
    You had a bit of time and you came up with that, Fair play to you us mere mortals would take a long time to get that far.

Theres nothing too it at all,
    Download future pinball.Download table,unzip table
    Set your resolutions and orientations and open table.

Couldn't get star trek to work or adams family.
    Tried 3 or 4 tables

Medieval madness being the best

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ganjdalf

Thanks for all the reply guy's. Sorry didn't reply to any of them but i have had offer on a maverick. Just trying to figure out the pick up. Let's keep this thread going. what is your favorite Pinball machine you have played n the real world? Mine was probably Star trek the next generation or medevil madness. Great games. shame that it never really took of Ireland in a big way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Good to see all the love for Pinball. I've been toying with the idea of buying a table for the last few years. Must keep actively on the lookout for these bargains which do pop up every now and then. Could make for a very interesting project as you guys say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's starting to get to the stage if you don't own a pinball you never get to play the ****ing things. Serious drought at the moment. Quirkies in Dublin is the only place I know still has em. Place I used play them in Galway for years took them out 6 months ago. :(

Went to a local arcade to get a game of Theatre Of Magic

GONE! And the woman behind the counter was no ****ing help! She started going on about them being leased out, which makes sense because they had a big buck hunter too and that was new and also gone.

No pinballs anywhere near me now, looks like I have to buy one now!

tramore?

Those were the last 2 out there that I know of :(

Master of the Universe

The arcade beside Cineworld in Dublin has at least one pin - Gilligans Island. I think there was another beside it but am not too sure what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

This thread reminded me to check on the progress of a table for Future Pinball, Apollo 13. It a recreation of a real table that holds the record for the most bonus balls relesed at the same time (13). It's out! :)

They had Gilligans Island and... Fish Tails in Cineworld. Both gone last time I was in there.

Tramore they have a fair few, or did when I was there a year ago. A lot of them are pretty broken though. No Good Gophers (wrecked), CSI, Simpsons and Playboy maybe? There was something else as well. Great place to go play arcade machines though. Spent most of my time there playing Crisis Zone, which i'd say is probably my favourite lightgun game of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone spot the Judge Dredd pin on adverts yesterday? I think someone increased his pinball collection again ;) amazing price!

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-pinball-m-c/3462860

Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    Anyone spot the Judge Dredd pin on adverts yesterday? I think someone increased his pinball collection again ;) amazing price!

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-pinball-m-c/3462860

Holy ****!!!!! My dream pin for a song. Excuse me while I go and weep for a while :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I wouldnt mind i seen it before anyone had posted on it, it looks cool, but I never really was into pinballs years ago. Im afraid they would take up too much cab space and not get used haha..

At least a member here got it!

I am actually heartbroken!

What a price! dear god I'm actually so upset, 2 beautiful pins sold for less than 500 in the last 2 weeks, wtf!

Darth if your reading this...we need to talk

So....did you collect it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭sundodger5

He had it in the back of the van the next day.

Jelly.jpg6553cea5-2aa4-4060-bcc1-c166b929d0feLarger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nickcarosello

I was considering selling my machine. It's 1993 Williams Bram Stocker Dracula machine. I bought it 4 years ago and I am not 100% that I really want to sell it. There's a link below with some info on the machine.
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=3072

• Advertisement

Excellent table that. Very difficult as well you wouldn't have it mastered very quickly.

Advertisement