Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting a madbull barrel

• 07-04-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, so I want to shorten my ttb from a 14.5" down to ~10". I have a madbull black python v.2 and Im not so sure about cutting it because of the Teflon coating on it and that it might begin to come off. Has anyone cut one of these barrels? Any trouble? I have all the correct cutting tools to do the job in the best way possible and I've already cut a standard aluminium barrel as a tester and it worked fine but it's just the coat of Teflon that I'm worried about.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

For the sake of thirty quid buy a new barrel and sell the old one here... (unless you have a decent lathe to properly crown the barrel afterwards)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

I do have access to a lathe but if the Teflon peels off then I'm in trouble. I'll contact the retailers and see if they can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Like snafu said your better off buying a new barrel, if that goes tits up then you have nothing and have to buy one anyway.

But if you want to do it, you would need a piper cutter and then use a counter sink bit to finish the end of the barrel. I'd only use that method on a brass barrel tbh.

Like snafu said your better off buying a new barrel, if that goes tits up then you have nothing and have to buy one anyway.

But if you want to do it, you would need a piper cutter and then use a counter sink bit to finish the end of the barrel. I'd only use that method on a brass barrel tbh.
    Ill probably buy one in that case. Any idea where I can get a Prometheus in ireland or are there any other brands you can think off.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

barrel options 1

barrel options 2

barrel options 3

Option 4

And I'm sure that there are more in the other retailers, that's just a quick sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Ill probably buy one in that case. Any idea where I can get a Prometheus in ireland or are there any other brands you can think off.
    Thanks

Prometheus make great parts, gears especially, but are very pricey. Madbull barrels are best bang for your buck with out a doubt.

Prometheus make great parts, gears especially, but are very pricey. Madbull barrels are best bang for your buck with out a doubt.

Thanks cpcrc for that. I may just go for the madbull again so.
    I just looked at Prometheus narrels from abroad and your right there not cheap!!!
    Thanks for all the help lads

Advertisement