Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What US sim to buy/use

Options
  • 07-04-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Heading to florida in a few weeks,this is the first time that I wont have my bill phone, so I am looking for a sim that will be cheap or free to buy and I can maybe stick 10 or 20 dollars on it, just so I can text/call/internet if required. I can use the wifi in the hotel and any other wifi spots I may come across but for when there are no wifi spots I need the sim, anybody got any ideas on prices / networks etc? I would prefer internet access as well if possible (on the sim) but would settle for just calls & texts if I have too
    just in case it matters, I am using a simfree 4s on the 48 network here. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

You can get a tracfone for under $20 and load it out in increments of $10. The coverage is probably the best. Get an international plan for ringing Ireland. But remember, you get charged for receiving calls. I think this is across the card in pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

thanks for that info, i was hoping to just buy a sim and stick it in the iphone, if i cant do that then i will prob go with the tracfone

Advertisement