Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole reduction

• 07-04-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hope the is the right place for this...

As of two weeks ago, I noticed my dole had deductions of 28euro.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anybody know how this might be the case?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

How old are you OP? Sounds to me like the reduced rate for U25...

Other than that? Is it JSA and you've been means tested? They're the only two scenarios I can think of ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr. Jones

I'm 26 nearly 27.

I've had no info sent or emailed to me re means testing. Nothing said at all actually. Just a little thing on my receipt say "total deds 28.20".

It's strange I've no idea why that's happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Are you on JSA or JSB? JSB is not means tested. I'd get on to Welfare first thing and find out what's happened and why. Don't call, as they never answer the phones. I'd go round there instead.

Do you owe anything for overpayments?

I'm on JSA
    yeah that's for the advice guess ill have to. I don't own anything anyway. I never got any over payments.

The only thing I can think of is...
    My dole day is weds but usually try to leave it till Friday just to save a bit
    Good Friday just gone, I forgot POs are closed so had I collect the following Tuesday. Which was one day until my next collection (which I left off till Friday)

Slightly regular but I don't think that would e considered over payment would it.

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work & Jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

It's an overpayment. You must have been overpaid in the past.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/S.I.-25-of-2013.aspx
    Section 13 amends the Social Welfare Consolidation Act, 2005 in relation to the recovery of social welfare overpayments by way of weekly deductions from a person’s on-going social welfare entitlements. This amendment allows for a deduction of an amount of up to 15% of the personal weekly rate of social welfare payment payable to that person for the purpose of the recovery of an overpayment.

15% of 188 = 28.20

Thanks a million folks
    turns out it was a really really late deduction from
    2 days work I had done in September

Cheers for the help

Advertisement