Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating to Dubai/Saudi Arabia

Options
  • 07-04-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

With the recession giving us little hope of ending any time soon I'm considering moving to the middle east for work in the area of administration. I don't know which country/emirate is the best to work in either Dubai or Saudi Arabia? Advice from anyone who has lived and worked in either would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AutumnDays

Definely Dubai if you are a woman. Saudi is a nightmare for restrictions, Dubai is much more woman-friendly. I've worked a bit back and forth there and it's a great place. Anyone I know whose gone to Saudi end up counting the days to the end of their contract. They may pay slightly more, but there's a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mademoiselle butterfly

Thanks for your post AutmmDays :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Haven't experienced living in either of these two countries but if it was me, I'd go for Dubai. Saudi Arabia are against a lot of these and if broken, punishment could be very serious. Like pork or alcohol. Dubai appears to be a lot more pleasant to live if I'm honest with you. Plus you'd have the cool sea breeze to cool yourself down whereas there's nothing in Riyadh to cool you down naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    . Plus you'd have the cool sea breeze to cool yourself down whereas there's nothing in Riyadh to cool you down naturally.

Other way around actually, No such thing as a cool sea breeze in Dubai. When it gets hot it stays hot. 6 months of the year.

Dubai is is a more accepting place to live in than Saudi by a long shot though.
    Edit - especially if you are female.

• Advertisement
Advertisement