Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem replying to posts on touch site

Options
  • 07-04-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure whether this is to do with the update or not but sometimes I'm having trouble replying to posts on the touch site.

If I'm in a thread and I just want to post something, there's no problem. But if I want to reply to a particular post and click the "reply" button, I keep getting 404 messages. I have to exit the thread and then re enter it to get it to work.
    I'm using iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It happens to me as well occasionally, as well as getting token expired messages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether this is to do with the update or not but sometimes I'm having trouble replying to posts on the touch site.

If I'm in a thread and I just want to post something, there's no problem. But if I want to reply to a particular post and click the "reply" button, I keep getting 404 messages. I have to exit the thread and then re enter it to get it to work.

Please provide the URLs for threads you're trying to reply to that give you that incorrect URL. Anything that's sent to /post/create will 404, this is not the correct URL where replies are sent to since the touch updates and suggests we have overlooked something :)

As soon as I come across it again I'll post it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I actually had this issue earlier myself, I was wondering where to report it and low and behold I stumbled on this thread.... :)

I tried replying to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84030513&postcount=240 this post from the touch site and it would not let me, kept getting a 404 error when I tried.....

Even tried reloading the page, and going into different forums to try and replicate it but not with much success....

Eventually when I did post my reply here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84043546&postcount=254 I just had to cut and paste the writing without quoting the poster I initially wanted to quote....

I am on a laptop now so I do not know if the link would be the same with the URL's "www" being replaced with touch.boards.link?

I need the touch.boards.ie links I'm afraid, I can't reproduce your error with those URLs.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Please provide the URLs for threads you're trying to reply to that give you that incorrect URL. Anything that's sent to /post/create will 404, this is not the correct URL where replies are sent to since the touch updates and suggests we have overlooked something :)

Hi I was having this same issue a lot yesterday . Have not had it today.
    I am unsure how to capture a screen shot from an iPhone 4.
    If someone could tell me I'll post them here if I come across this issue again.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

El Guapo! wrote: »

Me too it happens in the soccermanager thread

We've a fix for this that'll be going live tomorrow morning.

Danny

We've a fix for this that'll be going live tomorrow morning.

Danny

Cheers Danny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This issue has been resolved, you should no longer land on /post/create and get a 404 error.

Thanks for the bug reports

Danny

Tried replying to a post in First Class Lounge, got a CSRF token failure message, url at top was just the standard thread reply submit url

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/reply/submit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

MarkMc wrote: »
    Tried replying to a post in First Class Lounge, got a CSRF token failure message, url at top was just the standard thread reply submit url

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/reply/submit

I got this error as well trying to reply to a post in TCH.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement