Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 - Repairable

• 07-04-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Was just handed this by a friend and asked is it repairable. And yes, its been literally run over by a car. But in a testament to Apple, it still works perfectly. Any time I've had a phone sent back to Apple for replacement / repair its been a issue on their end (Button, Vibration etc) however this is pure accidental damage. No water damage however.

8628079860_008bb2550b_z.jpg

So my question is, will Apple replace this? Obviously happy to pay the fee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

the support page says they will replace it as long as it isn't in multiple pieces so just say it was dropped out from a height, a friend sent her iphone 5 in for an out of warranty replacement and was charged €241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mine looked like that, they replaced it no quibble..you can pay a bit extra and you'll have a new one within 48hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Mine looked like that, they replaced it no quibble..you can pay a bit extra and you'll have a new one within 48hrs.

For €240 as well was it? Speed isn't an issue. Just wanted to check if they'll even bother to repair it seeing as its really damaged but in one piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'd say thats the express option, for €29 they send out a replacement and you swap but they put a hold on a card until they get the damaged one back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

guil wrote: »
    I'd say thats the express option, for €29 they send out a replacement and you swap but they put a hold on a card until they get the damaged one back

So an in-warranty repair is €29? I'm skeptical they'll replace that smashed piece of iPhone for €29 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No the €29 is to have the new one delivered next day, it's 200 odd for the replacement.

Advertisement