Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Fusion blades

Options
  • 07-04-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

finally decided that enough is enough paying ridicilous prices for a few razor blades. any truthworthy websites selling them cheapwer? im a bit weary because i bought some on henry street on the stalls before and they just didnt shave me smoothly like normal brand new ones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

MarkY91 wrote: »
    finally decided that enough is enough paying ridicilous prices for a few razor blades. any truthworthy websites selling them cheapwer? im a bit weary because i bought some on henry street on the stalls before and they just didnt shave me smoothly like normal brand new ones

i wouldnt be letting them market workers shave me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i wouldnt be letting them market workers shave me

hahah. touche!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

http://www.4men.ie/m/19/razorpit

second post on this in a week - someone will think I'm selling them !

they are great - and mean that you don't have to change your blades very often.

I use quatros with this for the past 3 years and I'd say I haven't had to get new blades more than a handful of times
    Before that I was going through blades every month.

http://www.4men.ie/m/19/razorpit

second post on this in a week - someone will think I'm selling them !

they are great - and mean that you don't have to change your blades very often.

I use quatros with this for the past 3 years and I'd say I haven't had to get new blades more than a handful of times
    Before that I was going through blades every month.

hmm i might actually give this a shot. really its worth it?

hmm i might actually give this a shot. really its worth it?

Well I find it good - and I've definitely saved money with it - when you think about it its a huge waste - each one of those blades that people throw away are essentially perfect - just with a dull edge.
    Only drawback is if the blade has a lubricant strips etc - then that obviously doesn't work.

take a look on amazon -with the reviews (think it works out slightly cheaper there as well)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razorpit-RP-O-B-Razor-Blade-Sharpener/dp/B004W2UMDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365633807&sr=8-1&keywords=razorpit

• Advertisement

Well I find it good - and I've definitely saved money with it - when you think about it its a huge waste - each one of those blades that people throw away are essentially perfect - just with a dull edge.
    Only drawback is if the blade has a lubricant strips etc - then that obviously doesn't work.

take a look on amazon -with the reviews (think it works out slightly cheaper there as well)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razorpit-RP-O-B-Razor-Blade-Sharpener/dp/B004W2UMDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365633807&sr=8-1&keywords=razorpit

One last thing - I use quatro blades - so no protection on the front of the blades - looking at the (few) bad reviews on amazon of this last night (most are 5 stars) - I'm wondering if some of the other blade types are'nt suited to this - from what I remember some of the gillette blades have wire protectors on the front - just wondering does that stop them being sharpened properly by the razorpit - just a theory as I moved from Gillette years ago - however might be worth bearing in mind.

i think ill order it on monday :D..are quatro blades better? ive only ever used hach 3 and gillette and mach 3 doesnt help with my thich facial hair like gillette does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Razor pit doesnt sharpen blades, it pretty much just cleans and strops the blade.
    Have a look at DE or safety razors. Far superior shave, blades only cost a few cents each.
    100 blades will cost on average 20 euro and each blade lasts 3 to 5 shaves.

Razor pit doesnt sharpen blades, it pretty much just cleans and strops the blade.
    Have a look at DE or safety razors. Far superior shave, blades only cost a few cents each.
    100 blades will cost on average 20 euro and each blade lasts 3 to 5 shaves.

You being a mod on the facial hair forum (didn't know there was one until I spotted mod list under yur name !) you probably know more about this than me. Not sure about DE razors for myself to be honest - I'd probably do myself some damage with them in the morning

On the razor pit - i took a look on the website

http://www.razorpit.com/

The whole sharpening thing seems to be a bit ambiguous - however personally I do find it good and it does extend the life of the blades I use without much messing - even if its cleaning as opposed to sharpening !

Anyways I learned something new !

i think ill order it on monday :D..are quatro blades better? ive only ever used hach 3 and gillette and mach 3 doesnt help with my thich facial hair like gillette does

I find Wilkinson sword ten times better than Gillette - maybe checkout the DE suggestion as an option as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You'll do more damage to your face shaving with a 'blunt' razor.
    DE razors are also known as safety razors.
    Like anything worthwhile there is a technique to learn but after using one for approx ten shaves most people find it second nature. Look at some of the recent posts on the facial hair forum where people have tried and are now saying they'd never go back to over priced cartridges.

Advertisement