Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 release date, 31st of October 2013?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Apparently the official German EA facebook leaked info about a release date of 31st of October.

Since been taken down and they said

"We received some inquiries today regarding the release date of Battlefield 4, which was visible on one of the tabs on this page. It was only a placeholder, that was published because of a technical malfunction. We apologize for this mistake. The official release date will be published on the Battlefield website."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

You can't publish stuff on Facebook because of a techical malfunction. Someone had to press the Post button!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah EA have since said its a placeholder date, i'd say it will be out around then though. Don't know why they don't just release the date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I'm sure there's some money to be made off with holding that information. Hell maybe they'll even charge us for it! :eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

if they release the date now then it will mean people may decide not to buy BF3 and instead wait for 4.

By not announcing the date it means people will still be tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

BF3 has been out for almost 18 months now. If people are anyway interested in the game, they would have it by now. You can pick up BF3 now for less than €40, so if you spend money on games €40 now and another €60 in October, it's not a whole lot of money.

Also, seems reasonable to release the game almost to the date 2 years ago, that BF3 came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    BF3 has been out for almost 18 months now. If people are anyway interested in the game, they would have it by now. You can pick up BF3 now for less than €40, so if you spend money on games €40 now and another €60 in October, it's not a whole lot of money.

Also, seems reasonable to release the game almost to the date 2 years ago, that BF3 came out.

people talking about 4 and to a lesser extent 3 will have people buying,

Its like football jerseys, why buy one after january if there is a new one in a 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

danniemcq wrote: »
    people talking about 4 and to a lesser extent 3 will have people buying,

Its like football jerseys, why buy one after january if there is a new one in a 5 months

I agree with you. But anyone who is interested in BF4, probably already has BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I don't care, EA are still b4st4rds.

They're using the success of BF3 to charge extra for BF4. Scumbags. Will not be pre-ordering for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Oct 31st is only a few days later than the release dates of Battlefield 3 & MOH Warfailure so that date would be about right.

BF4 is currently £38 on Amazon.co.uk. Thats about €45. I suspect most other places will have similar prices for boxed copies.
    Only preorder it off Origin if you want to play on the night of release. I'm prepared to wait a few days rather than give EA another €15

As for anyone wanting BF4 already having BF3 if their interested there's lots of new players recently. I expect the summer holidays will bring a bunch more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Drone Strike? That's gonna cause a little controversy...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Spear wrote: »
    Drone Strike? That's gonna cause a little controversy...
    Not surprising really considering their pay and working conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Every one will be playing GTA when this arrives.I cant see it doing as well as BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have been playing BF3 since day 1. I got BF3+Premium for €75. Got 700 hours out of it so EA / Dice owe me nothing.

I will most likely pick up BF4 but it is not a certainty. Arma 3 is looking like it could be damn good.

Commander mode returning is cool as it was a great feature in BF2, but it was rarely used to its best effect. A good commander and 6 squads in sync was truly a joy to behold.

So lets wait and see i guess before pre-ordering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I have been playing BF3 since day 1. I got BF3+Premium for €75. Got 700 hours out of it so EA / Dice owe me nothing.

I will most likely pick up BF4 but it is not a certainty. Arma 3 is looking like it could be damn good.

Commander mode returning is cool as it was a great feature in BF2, but it was rarely used to its best effect. A good commander and 6 squads in sync was truly a joy to behold.

So lets wait and see i guess before pre-ordering :)
    Knowing how stupid randomers are in doing the most simple task of giving health and ammo,i cant see this commander mode taking off unless you have a full team on

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Knowing how stupid randomers are in doing the most simple task of giving health and ammo,i cant see this commander mode taking off unless you have a full team on

Nothing more annoying than screaming at a guy for ammo and chasing him around the map when youre out !
    Or begging your recon squad mate to set up a beacon behind the lines in cq

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Kill enemy support. Drop ammo. Switch back to kit. Rack up supply points for rest of game. Commander mode usually resulted in some person spamming chat with go here, defend here messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I presume browser launcher again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Headshot wrote: »
    I presume browser launcher again?

gauranteed "better backlog" its prolly called

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I pray that it isnt. I ****ing hate it so so so so much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Excellent news. I was a fuc*ing great commander in BF2 :)

Playing on the Tactical Gamer server managing 4 squads ground-based and an air-support squad was the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I checked it out on YouTube and Commander looked incredible... incredibly crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mozattack wrote: »
    I checked it out on YouTube and Commander looked incredible... incredibly crap.

youtube....you formed your opinion from youtube.

interesting......

Advertisement