Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions - like Cois Farraige...or no?

Options
  • 07-04-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

My friends and I went to Cois Farraige in Kilkee a few years ago. Couldn't get tickets for the actual festival, but there was such a buzz around town and so much going on that we had a fantastic time. So much so that the following year we didn't even bother trying to get tickets.

So my question is - is there a decent atmosphere and general party vibe around Bundoran during the Sea Sessions festival, or is most of the craic confined to the ticketed event?

It's not that I'm cheap, you understand...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Japandamo wrote: »
    My friends and I went to Cois Farraige in Kilkee a few years ago. Couldn't get tickets for the actual festival, but there was such a buzz around town and so much going on that we had a fantastic time. So much so that the following year we didn't even bother trying to get tickets.

So my question is - is there a decent atmosphere and general party vibe around Bundoran during the Sea Sessions festival, or is most of the craic confined to the ticketed event?

It's not that I'm cheap, you understand...

The now defunct Cois Farraige?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

The now defunct Cois Farraige?

The same...maybe if I'd bought tickets it would still be around :confused:

There's a buzzing atmosphere all around the town for the weekend. I would recommend the Twisted Pepper, Chasin' Bull and Maddens Bridge Bar for the best atmosphere.

Twisted Pepper overlooks the beach and official festival area. They have a DJ playing outside (rain or shine!)

Chasin' Bull is a brilliant music venue. They will have great bands playing every night.

Maddens Bridge Bar was, I believe, where the idea of Sea Sessions originated from. Great food, sexy surfers, best of music and will hold some aftershow parties.

I would suggest buying at least a one day ticket as these festivals do rely on ticket sales to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Thanks a million. Reckon I'll get a day ticket for the Sunday if I can. Looks like a good line up.

Thanks again, I'll definitely give those places a try :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That last Cois Farraige was one of the best weekends ever in the town, absolute tropical scorcher as well out of nowhere.

I'd a full weekend ticket but was only actually in the tent for about 20 minutes over the weekend. Still though, great craic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement