Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It is a very difficult debate to make your mind up on.
    I am terribly confused about it and would take some time to make my mind up which way to vote if there was a referendum. So many different reasons to vote either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,306 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Should people be checked if they were baptised a Catholic and if they are no abortion unless they leave the church?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

is your wan on the right checking for phone for something to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Should people be checked if they were baptised a Catholic and if they are no abortion unless they leave the church?
    Problem is, a lot of them get pregnant in the church..or vestry...or parochial house.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Who's this "delightful" Caroline lady? I was late tuning in.

It did look like the one on the right was browsing boards or twitter!

• Advertisement
    M

Quick trip to the UK overturns all legislation they make.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Listened to Marc Coleman talking over everybody on the way home in the car, now this nonsense..

I haven't listened to Coleman in over a year for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Given the panel of doctors that need to be seen, it remains an Irish solution to an Irish problem tbh. Off to the UK as the government want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

ron jambo wrote: »
    The Mary Lou show.

She is playing a blinder, as for the clown on her left ????????.

M

This woman should take a trip back in time to 1955 and save the clock tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the Caroline woman is difficult to like

Poor oul' Vinny's worn out from Caroline.
    A first.

Given the panel of doctors that need to be seen, it remains an Irish solution to an Irish problem tbh. Off to the UK as the government want.

With the cutbacks in the HSE, getting six Doctors together, and giving them time to make their reports, the woman will be dead about 12 months before they will come to a decision. That is how things work in this kip.

Hate that Aviva ad.

Hitchens wrote: »
    the Caroline woman is difficult to like

Do they not check out their cop on, or basic mentality, before they hoist the likes of clowns like her on their audience, no wonder their in financial trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Quick trip to the UK overturns all legislation they make.

I agree with these sentiments to an extent.

As long as we keep burying our heads in the sand and turning our backs on the thousands of women making that lonely trip across the Irish Sea each year then we have failed do address the issue properly as a nation.

However, in the case of Savita Hallapannavar, the issue of travel didn't arise so the question of what grounds constitute a termination here now needs to be clarified.

Doctors need to be given free reign to go about their profession without fear of prosecution for making life or death decisions.

It should have been sorted years ago but we were too busy being a Catholic Country back then.

M

Vin handles the tablet like a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

I watch the show via sky. The programme ends at 23.57 but the schedule says 12.05. Is that just a sky thing or is sky giving the show an enthusiastic timing slot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭brian_t

I8A4RE wrote: »
    I watch the show via sky. The programme ends at 23.57 but the schedule says 12.05. Is that just a sky thing or is sky giving the show an enthusiastic timing slot

Not a Sky thing - it's the same in any schedule.

When you take into account the weather forecast and other stuff - the next programme might not start till 12.05am

Smug libertarian wannabe McGurk.

• Advertisement
    M

I think unions have a place in a sweatshop in Bangladesh but any modern country with comprehensive labour laws doesn't need any.

I think unions have a place in a sweatshop in Bangladesh but any modern country with comprehensive labour laws doesn't need any.

The Lagan Brick and Waterford Crystal lads might not agree with you.
    Took a long time for them to receive their rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

If unions ceased to exist, though, you'd find that those rights would soon be stripped away/laws would be changed to favour those with the politicians in their pocket and and there'd soon be need for unions again.

If Unions want to take back the respect they used to have, they must get rid of the fat cats at the top, deprive them of their large pensions, and bring them in line of the members entitlements. Then cut their ties with the WP/LP, they no longer represent the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Labour laws are ignored by employers on a daily basis in this country. Just look at the amount of basic cases that end up in the Labour court.

If Unions want to take back the respect they used to have, they must get rid of the fat cats at the top, deprive them of their large pensions, and bring them in line of the members entitlements. Then cut their ties with the WP/LP, they no longer represent the people.

Some of the Unions already want to break ties with Labour.
    Labour have become more Fine Gael than Fine Gael themselves.
    They took to austerity measures with gusto and seem to be enjoying imposing them on workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is Sean Duignan in the witness protection program?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Is Sean Duignan in the witness protection program?

Seriously thought it was him at first glance.
    Even sounds like him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Vincent gave Kimmage his first journalism job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement