Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Maurice Hayes? Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Vinnie played a blinder against Collins. Showed him up big time.

I miss Dan Boyle's tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I watching Second Captains Live, what's Vinny up to?

Is it worth turning over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dan Boyle mustn't be touring at the moment. I heard Crystal Swing were supporting him on his last world tour.

I think Paul Murphy needs media training.. Everything he says he delivers with a condescending, belittling, almost facetious tone... And it's hard enough to listen to the words he's saying without such an off-putting delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

MrsD007 wrote: »

A bit of an aul debate on the seanad. Riveting stuff!!! :P

MrsD007 wrote: »

Seanad debate, probably not, apart from when Vinnie put Collins away. We'll keep you posted if Dan Boyle decides to sing a song.

Seanad debate, probably not, apart from when Vinnie put Collins away. We'll keep you posted if Dan Boyle decides to sing a song.
    I'll turn over if Paul Gogarty and Dan Boyle perform a duet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Dan Boyle clearly quoting a half remembered Irish Times article from last week. I read it myself.

I hope that he sings the one he wrote about Merkel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Come back, Eamon Ryan, all is forgiven.

The committees are more jobs for the boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I think they're wasting their time debating this issue. I believe the people have decided already, and it's goodbye Seanad, Anyway, the loudest voices on the 'Dont Abolish' side of the argument are the newest of the Senators.
    Funny how the older ones, who have built up a good pension, are strangely quiet, and looking forward to their nice little nest -egg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Come back, Eamon Ryan, all is forgiven.

He hasn't gone far - he was on Prime Time last night talking about wind (appropriately enough!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just turned over.
    Just turning back now.

Bunch of hypocrites the lot of them. Collins arguing for reform and his party have been in power for longer than any other party, and Boyle being nominated by Bertie Ahern for his Seanad seat. It didn't take them long to land on "planet Bertie".

The answer Vinny was pushing yer man on the left for. :D

The brave teachers in the ASTI... The best paid teachers in Europe, coming back after three months holidays and they want to go on strike... It's about time they got some Air Traffic Controller treatment...

Where is the Government representative, was there "none available"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

all at the ploughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The brave teachers in the ASTI... The best paid teachers in Europe, coming back after three months holidays and they want to go on strike... It's about time they got some Air Traffic Controller treatment...

I don't think I heard them say they want to go on strike though.
    They seem to be standing up for themselves.
    How dare they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

No can do, who is leading the government, all teachers, someone should ask them how many were members of ASTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The problem for me (as someone who would keep the Seanad and reform it and blah blah blah, you know yourself), is that none of the politicians have the remotest shred of credibility on these issues of parliamentary reform. Enda wanted the Seanad reformed until he was in power, then he wanted it gone, for all sorts of reasons (a stunt, centralising his own authority etc etc). Fianna Fail demand reform when they are out of power (so as to divest power from Enda etc etc) yet spent the last God knows how long in power doing nothing of the sort themselves. The overwhelming sense is that if the Seanad isn't abolished now, and (God forbid) FF get back in, there isn't a hope in hell that they will set about reforming the Seanad (or any other arm of the parliament) in a way that will hold their own government more accountable.

Which is a long way of saying "this whole thing is patently a farce, and the entire establishment has no intention of doing anything that doesn't suit their own interests". But sure you know that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

This is the quality of debate in Ireland? The VB show, not Boards obviously.

Do you not respect the right of workers to go on strike in order to improve their working conditions/pay?

As it happens, teachers starting since 2010 have suffered a massive pay cut, down about 8k.

This is the only time that the majority of people in Ireland will actually have a say in the operation of the seanad... On that basis alone, I cant see how people could vote in favour of keeping the Seanad.. But I think some of the latest polls reckon that the electorate will vote No to the bill, just to give the Government a kicking...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What is that Hourican one on about eh!?

Have TV3 put in the Exposé tape by mistake?

Sweet Jaysus, I've just turned over and I feel like turning back. She is bonkers!

Good old Vinny looking at this woman flogging her book with much scepticism. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is that plumber for real - stumpin up the 140k under McFeelys bath. Lunatic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement