Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is there somebody with a ratchet in the studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

emo72 wrote: »
    its a fooking disgrace to sell off state assets to raise 3 billion??? when we owe 100S OF BILLIONS. whats the fooking point.

there i said it. feel better now

Hold on Berti and his mates were in line to buy it, that would have given him a chance to give up his extremely tiring speaking tour, and be able to sit back and relax with a few bob, in his golden years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭emo72

Hold on Berti and his mates were in line to buy it, that would have given him a chance to give up his extremely tiring speaking tour, and be able to sit back and relax with a few bob, in his golden years.

yeah i heard bertie was part of a consortium trying to buy coilte?

IS HE ****ING SERIOUS? sorry for caps lock/ thats outrageous. how can he walk the streets?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Regular VB panelist, Rich Boy Barrett was in court today for motoring offences, the case was thrown out because he claimed that he didn't receive the fixed penalty notice.

I thought they were supposed to be closing the 'I didn't the fixed penalty notice' loophole :confused:
    Boyd Barrett admits speeding offence and giving out-of-date information to garda – but is spared conviction

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/boyd-barrett-admits-speeding-offence-and-giving-outofdate-information-to-garda-but-is-spared-conviction-29252401.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Bertie was to buy the forests there would be a stampede to set them on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

“He has accepted responsibility, did you take his name and address?” Judge Leonard asked the officer who said Boyd Barrett “gave me his driver's licence and address at scene”.

A fixed penalty notice for speeding was sent to a Killiney address on Boyd Barrett's licence and it “went unpaid”, Gda Moore explained.

Did the esteemed TD give his current address to the Garda or the one on his licence?......:rolleyes:

This lot are falling like skittles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

“He has accepted responsibility, did you take his name and address?” Judge Leonard asked the officer who said Boyd Barrett “gave me his driver's licence and address at scene”.

A fixed penalty notice for speeding was sent to a Killiney address on Boyd Barrett's licence and it “went unpaid”, Gda Moore explained.

Did the esteemed TD give his current address to the Garda or the one on his licence?......:rolleyes:

This lot are falling like skittles.....

Funny the way nothing really changes ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Callan57 wrote: »
    Funny the way nothing really changes ... :rolleyes:

And we vote them in Callan57....:(

Vinny is starting very late this evening - 23:25 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

If Bertie was to buy the forests there would be a stampede to set them on fire.

With the weather we have had and what is coming down the line, it would cost you alot of money on matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vinny is starting very late this evening - 23:25 :eek:
    No harm. Less time listening to Joe Higgins and his fantasy economics.

It is strange to see Joe Higgins back in a suit, for ages he was dressing very casually whenever he appeared on the show.

It is strange to see Joe Higgins back in a suit, for ages he was dressing very casually whenever he appeared on the show.
    On his salary he can afford any number of suits.

I'm sure that Joe is a decent guy, but as he gets older he gets less and less of a grasp of the economic situation..

Roger_007 wrote: »
    On his salary he can afford any number of suits.
    I know that, but he went through a phase where he was dressed very casually (like Rich Boy Barrett). The cynic in me thinks it was deliberate thing, perhaps he wanted to look like the regular working man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

poor old joe took a beating in that exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Good loser

Joe Higgins, as usual and once again, exposed as an economically illiterate waffler. C Byrne about the same.

Good loser wrote: »
    Joe Higgins, as usual and once again, exposed as an economically illiterate waffler. C Byrne about the same.

Haven't seen too many literate economists around.
    They all seem to have lost their credibility.

Forget the newspapers, ask Ken what really happened.

uh oh.. is there gonna be a Newstalk vs ex Newstalk fight here..??

• Advertisement

Ah Vinny, I only sat through Joe Higgins because Ken was going to be on the show. Will you ever ask him what happened ...........:(:(:mad:

Is Ken Earley your cup of tea, Mrs D...

(also, why am I talking in Rhymes)

Is Ken Earley your cup of tea, Mrs D...

(also, why am I talking in Rhymes)
    No Jonathan, he isn't but OTB just isn't the same anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Roger_007 wrote: »
    No harm. Less time listening to Joe Higgins and his fantasy economics.

Would you rather have a government TD on telling us, "Sure that's what you tend to do".

darkhorse wrote: »
    Would you rather have a government TD on telling us, "Sure that's what you tend to do".

I'm amazed my TV survived Pat Rabbitte's appearance on the Week in Politics :mad:

Pat Rabbitte: "Isn't that what you tend to do during an election?".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Good loser

darkhorse wrote: »

As explained by others, including VB, what Pat Rabbitte was referring to was that policies are reduced to soundbites (i.e. condensed) at elections.

To attract the short attention time span of electorates.

Joe H on the other hand goes on and on about nothing and nothing. The Interminable Snowman.

Good loser wrote: »
    As explained by others, including VB, what Pat Rabbitte was referring to was that policies are reduced to soundbites (i.e. condensed) at elections.
    Yes, but isn't amazing all the FG/Labour (pre-election) policies that have been abandoned since they got into government :rolleyes:

One of their key election promises prior to getting into power was to provide free GP care to people with long-term illnesses but they decided to scrap that this week :mad:

The Government is set to abandon a key election commitment to extend free GP care to almost 60,000 people with long-term illnesses

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/gp-card-plan-for-long-term-illness-to-be-dropped-1.1385574

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=22062

Yes, but isn't amazing all the FG/Labour (pre-election) policies that have been abandoned since they got into government :rolleyes:

One of their key election promises prior to getting into power was to provide free GP care to people with long-term illnesses but they decided to scrap that this week :mad:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/gp-card-plan-for-long-term-illness-to-be-dropped-1.1385574

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=22062

Not to mention Roscommon hospital and Enda's promises.

Don't forget that Eamon Gilmore and Labour also promised to keep Columb Barracks in Mullingar open :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

Not to mention Roscommon hospital and Enda's promises.
    I think the problem is that voters expect candidates to make promises even though everyone knows that most of these promises cannot be kept. No party or politician ever tells the unvarnished truth. They would never get elected if they did. If you read the manifesto of any of the parties you would think that utopia could be created.
    At elections everyone indulges in this pretence that the impossible can be achieved. When the impossible is not achieved we then have a convenient scapegoat:- the so-and-so Government, (that we elected).
    It doesn't matter who gets elected or who forms the Government in our current economic situation, the harsh facts have to be faced once a Government takes office.
    Instead of blaming the politicians, blame the real culprits:- us.
    Politics is the art of the possible, not the impossible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement