Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ah I dunno, I'd say Vincent's no spring chicken.

:P Smarty pants!......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

There is rarely any more than 25 of the 60 Senators in the Seanad when there is a debate.
    Makes me think they are only there for the money to be honest.

Not all TDs are there for all debates. Not all debates are relevant to all TDs. They can't speak on everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Excuse me while I kowtow to a tiny elitist minority of the population who have a right to their own representation in the Seanad :rolleyes:

They're just normal people who happen to have degrees from the NUI and Trinity. Getting a degree isn't rocket science (unless the degree happens to be in Aerospace engineering - in which case, that's exactly what it is). Yes, it's wrong that everybody else is excluded, but let's not pretend that graduates are some kind of elite group whose voting habits are wildly different to the rest of the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

When you think about it, Vinny is the most powerful man in Ireland.
    The Taoiseach is afraid of him.

Edit: stupid predictive text

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: Gerri Hall moment.
    Ah come on, he looks more like Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »
    Not all TDs are there for all debates. Not all debates are relevant to all TDs. They can't speak on everything

Is the Seanad not different?
    All Senators debate the same thing or should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ah come on, he looks more like Martin.

http://www.specsavers.ie/

RayM wrote: »
    They're just normal people who happen to have degrees from the NUI and Trinity. Getting a degree isn't rocket science (unless the degree happens to be in Aerospace engineering - in which case, that's exactly what it is). Yes, it's wrong that everybody else is excluded, but let's not pretend that graduates are some kind of elite group whose voting habits are wildly different to the rest of the electorate.
    I'm sensing you have a vote in the Seanad elections ;)

You're annoyed that I've become a Walker Lover :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

RayM wrote: »

Well maybe there should be a Seanad representative for the people of Moyross in Limerick? Or the people from Tallaght? There wouldn't be too many of them holding Trinity degrees, so why shouldn't they be given representation in The Seanad as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I see what you're saying, but it hardly makes him presidential material.
    Has he expressed a desire to run as a candidate for President?

Well maybe there should be a Seanad representative for the people of Moyross in Limerick? Or the people from Tallaght? There wouldn't be too many of them holding Trinity degrees, so why shouldn't they be given representation in The Seanad as well?
    I think people like Norris did a good job representing all types of minority groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mary Lou was the winner tonight. Gerry Adam's personal problems may see her becoming the Sinn Fein leader.

You always need a 9 year old to explain the Twitter Machine..........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think people like Norris did a good job representing all types of minority groups.

Yep, I'm sure that the unemployed and people living on the poverty line really appreciate him dressing up on Bloomsday.

Text from Fionnan S.:
    "Thought the moderation was variously overbearing and inconsistent".

Yep, I'm sure that the unemployed and people living on the poverty line really appreciate him dressing up on Bloomsday.

Ah, now Harry, I can see you now with a pint and a little oyster in your mitt...:D

Text from Fionnan S.:

I hope they kiss and make up soon...........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I hope they kiss and make up soon...........;)

Perhaps they will be inspired by that photo of Pat Kenny and Sean O'Rourke on the Examiner. Nice to see they are on good terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Still no irish indo being reviewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

Hopefully Dorris is still collecting his sick pay from Trinity

He is like Martin McG MrsD!!........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Text from Fionnan S.:

No love loss between Fionnan Sheehan and Vinny Brown. I'd love if Sheehan had his own show on tv somewhere grilling people. He's a joy to watch. He'd be like an Irish Paxman.

That's incredibly dismissive Harry, Norris deserves more respect than that. Remember it was his landmark case that allowed people to be openly gay without fear of being criminalised. He also has been a great campaigner for people with disabilities.

Dude on the right looks like he could be making a last-minute bid on eBay.

Text from Fionnan S.:
    Get over it Fionnán :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

No love loss between Fionnan Sheehan and Vinny Brown. I'd love if Sheehan had his own show on tv somewhere grilling people. He's a joy to watch. He'd be like an Irish Paxman.

Jaysus, Pat Kenny was called the plank by Dustin, FS would be called two planks nailed together. Get a grip that would be fairly thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

He's a print journalist for a reason.

Jaysus, Pat Kenny was called the plank by Dustin, FS would be called two planks nailed together. Get a grip that would be fairly thick.

Truer word was never spoken BF...........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bet they appreciated his no vote on the welfare bill passing though the seanad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement