Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Get over it Fionnán :p

At the risk of creating another tweet-gate, that post, like every other post was a pisstake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm sensing you have a vote in the Seanad elections ;)

Haha, I don't, but I know quite a few people who do - and none of them have ever bothered registering to vote in Seanad elections.
    Well maybe there should be a Seanad representative for the people of Moyross in Limerick? Or the people from Tallaght? There wouldn't be too many of them holding Trinity degrees, so why shouldn't they be given representation in The Seanad as well?

I said I agree that Seanad voting shouldn't be limited to graduates of the two universities (or the vocational panels - which are far worse in my opinion). The whole electorate should be allowed vote - and with no constituencies, similar to presidential elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Jaysus, Pat Kenny was called the plank by Dustin, FS would be called two planks nailed together. Get a grip that would be fairly thick.

Yeah admittedly he probably wouldn't be too great at stuff to camera but he has a great habit of winding people up in interviews. The lady they gave the "week in politics" gig to after O'Rourke left is awful. I'd say he'd do well at that.

Or is this one of those things where the only people that can be on television have to be like Graham Norton.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

That's incredibly dismissive Harry, Norris deserves more respect than that. Remember it was his landmark case that allowed people to be openly gay without fear of being criminalised. He also has been a great campaigner for people with disabilities.

He showed people with disabilities how to screw a pension scheme, can't think of anything else, I don't count taking a photo op with a few people in wheelchairs as being a great campaigner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

goulders wrote: »
    He showed people with disabilities how to screw a pension scheme, can't think of anything else, I don't count taking a photo op with a few people in wheelchairs as being a great campaigner
    You're obviously not familiar with his work, I know families with special needs children who have received great assistance from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

it was an Private Health Insurance scheme that paid out a pension on the basis of his illness. He now also has cancer. He still represents Trinity in the Seanad.
    I dont know how you say it was "screwing" it. The Herald had to withdraw its remarks, and apologise, I think you should withdraw yours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

You might personally dislike him, and that's fair enough, but it's not fair to dismiss the work he has done over the years for various minority groups, including people with disabilities.

I noticed you referred to him as "Dorris" earlier in the thread. Any reason for that or just a typo?

You're obviously not familiar with his work, I know families with special needs children who have received great assistance from him.

I don't doubt you, but tell me one politician who hasn't helped people get what they were entitled to.

I don't doubt you, but tell me one politician who hasn't helped people get what they were entitled to.
    Well I could give you loads of examples but I have to go to bed now. I will say, I know of disability groups in my locality that have written to our four Clare TDs and only one replied and offered to meet the groups.

night night. mrs d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

So I presume the Silver Fox will be on the panel tonight?....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mathews-announces-resignation-from-fine-gael-1.1548970

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

VB and THAT jacket (again) :(

Along with his Rosary beads I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

low and middle income a$$holes?? :eek::eek::eek:

No sign of PM, this discussion would be beneath him anyway, there are no poor people in Dun Laoghaire !!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

low and middle income a$$holes?? :eek::eek::eek:

???

This clip seems like a good advert for the abolition of the Dail.

Is that Eamon Gilmore head of the Labour party in the Dail ? Shock Horror

• Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is that Eamon Gilmore head of the Labour party in the Dail ? Shock Horror

Not too many there today.

???

on mature reflection, he may have have said low and middle income a$$holes households... :o

• Advertisement

Heard that motorists are due to be hammered in this budget.
    Anyone know anything about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The lead singer of East 17 has aged a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Don't motorists get screwed every year?

I'm tired off all the kite flying ahead of the budget :mad: I reckon this budget is going to be slightly better than last year because they won't want to p1ss us off too much ahead of the council elections.

They've closed the motor tax loophole and petrol is very expensive so I can't see them targeting motorists this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

yes, they're training up a team of panel beaters as we speak :)

The lead singer of East 17 has aged a fair bit.

I see where you're going harry, but I'm afraid only ardent fans (like myself) would get that one...

Speaking of lookalikes, this TD guy at the end reminds me of Clay Shaw, who was suspected of working for the CIA and being involved in the assassination of JFK.

Clay_Shaw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I am suffering the usual nausea listening to well-heeled commentators/acedemics complaining on behalf of the poor. How many of them are offering to take a pay-cut to redress the balance.....NONE:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Is it just me, or does Andrew Doyle look very much like the late Brian Lenihan?

Don't motorists get screwed every year?

Just heard mention of it on the radio. Didn't get the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

First contributor (Harvey) speaks unhindered.

Next speaker (Doyle) harrassed from the get go.

Asshole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement