Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

COYW wrote: »
    I'd say Enda & Co. are over the moon that.

This will die down before the budget, the government has got a kicking, they will be licking their wounds till the budget, do you think the result will change their minds of the harshness of the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Yeah, but you can't beat a damn good sinecure.
    I honestly believe that Lucinda is passionate about getting on in politics and she's in it for the long haul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

= do you think the result will change their minds of the harshness of the budget.

I doubt Angela cares

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I honestly believe that Lucinda is passionate about getting on in politics and she's in it for the long haul.

I like Lucinda but you can't deny there is surely a conflict of interest when her husband is a member of The Seanad?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yeah, but you can't beat a damn good sinecure.

Agreed

In anyhow I thought she was a politician and he was a senator :rolleyes: and not a barrister and a wealthy farmer

• Advertisement

Martina Devlin has a seriously depressing tone to her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

She's a career politician - that means she has no clear ideas or vision for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

€20million spent on that campaign........

***sighs***

So much fundraising goes on for Hospitals, Charities etc........Did we really need this referendum?....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

COYW wrote: »
    Who is there from the Sindo? Is it your wan from NI?
    Yeah. Martina Devlin/Indo and Danny McConnell/Sindo

It's time for compulsory voting methinks

31% in the Childrens Referendum

39.1% in this Referendum.....

It's a joke really

• Advertisement

€20million spent on that campaign........

***sighs***

So much fundraising goes on for Hospitals, Charities etc........Did we really need this referendum?....

I just wish they placed all these referendums on one day and get them over with.

Usually then people complain that they don't have enough time to understand the issues. You can't win in this country.

Martina should be wearing an "I love Enda" badge...........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

She is married to a sitting senator so she can hardly be unbiased. I think she is just an opportunist. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She was on something else on TV last week and I didn't think she looked well. She looks a bit better tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Lucinda looks bloody great. The RA is obviously suiting her.
    She's not saying anything too bad about Enda so obviously looking to get into the fold at some stage.
    Also, Enda will be gone in 6 mths.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

vicwatson wrote: »
    It's time for compulsory voting methinks

31% in the Childrens Referendum

39.1% in this Referendum.....

It's a joke really
    Yeah, but how would you enforce compulsory voting ?

She comes across as a bimbo, for fook sake do not kick a man when he is down, what a stupid comment.

Martina should be wearing an "I love Enda" badge...........
    She is in cloud cuckoo land, she does know that the Taoiseach gets paid €200,000 for his role and should be accountable to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

coolhull wrote: »

You fine anyone who doesn't cast their vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

This will die down before the budget, the government has got a kicking, they will be licking their wounds till the budget, do you think the result will change their minds of the harshness of the budget.

God no. The harsh of the budget and budgets to come is set in stone.
    I like Lucinda

Me too. I have come to like her. I didn't agree with stance of the abortion issue but I really respect the fact that she stood by her pre-election stance, to the detriment of her place in the party. Took guts that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's about time people woke up to Enda Kenny. He's a useless leader. The only reason he's Taoiseach is because he hung around long enough. It says it all when he told Micheal Martin that he "wouldn't want to embarrass him" in a televised Seanad debate. Feckin eejit.

coolhull wrote: »

You don't vote you get a fine

Works in at least 10 countries in the world

Too much apathy in Ireland

The ones that don't bother their arses voting are the very ones that appear on the whineline etc etc giving out but doing nothing to try change things:mad:

Callan57 wrote: »

Some people that don't vote, don't vote because there's nothing to vote for i.e. none of the candidates offer anything (eg: the presidential candidates in 2011).

A lot of non-voters want to vote, but the choices they're met with means they stay at home. I don't like the idea of forcing them to vote.

Lucinda looks bloody great. The RA is obviously suiting her.
    She's not saying anything too bad about Enda so obviously looking to get into the fold at some stage.
    Also, Enda will be gone in 6 mths.

When Lucy and the people that were expelled, return there will be nothing left of Kenny, he will be remembered as an embarrassment, that lasted a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Christ, that Eddie Jordan Eircom ad is annoying.

It's about time people woke up to Enda Kenny. He's a useless leader. The only reason he's Taoiseach is because he hung around long enough. It says it all when he told Micheal Martin that he "wouldn't want to embarrass him" in a televised Seanad debate. Feckin eejit.

He is the "Invisible" leader HA.....

I think he has just decided to let the lads carry the can and keep the head low and ride it out until he is eventually "ousted" and sidle off West.......And that girl Lucinda will be leading the pack imo........

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Callan57 wrote: »

That's fine, but anyone who resents being forced to vote would simply go into the ballot box and spoil their paper.

Then, in no time, we probably would end up with Dustin for President!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hate that Eddie Jordan ad for Eircom, he hardly needed the money.

I notice Lucinda refuses to criticise Enda in any way that would make her look bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

SIPTU are going to look for wage increases. Good Lord, talk about out of touch with reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Some people that don't vote, don't vote because there's nothing to vote for i.e. none of the candidates offer anything (eg: the presidential candidates in 2011).

A lot of non-voters want to vote, but the choices they're met with means they stay at home. I don't like the idea of forcing them to vote.

You can always spoil your vote

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement