Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd love to see somebody take a Constitutional challenge against the disparity in unemployment payments between people of differing ages. It smacks of discrimination to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I've said this many times, but just one more time for the day thats in it...

F**K OFF FIANNA FÁIL

If I hear that phrase "the most vulnerable" one more time.. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think the medical card for under fives is a very bad move, it would be far better to give cards to people who actually need them - i.e those with a serious illness/disability or people who can't afford to pay for GP visits.

I totally agree. Give it to the people who are sick and need it. This freebie medical card will be milked to death by people, bringing their under fives to the doctor every time they have a sniffle. We will end up with one hell of a bill from it and the people who need medical care won't get it.

I am guessing that is FGs first step on their way to universal health care; a shambolic idea given the current state of the health finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Rich-Boy Barret will answer any question - except the one he's asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

COYW wrote: »
    I totally agree. Give it to the people who are sick and need it. This freebie medical card will be milked to death by people, bringing their under fives to the doctor every time they have a sniffle. We will end up with one hell of a bill from it and the people who need medical care won't get it.

I am guessing that is FGs first step on their way to universal health care; a shambolic idea given the current state of the health finances.
    The Under 5 GP card is just a little sweetner ahead of the local elections. It won't be enough to save Labour from being wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Vincent and his panel will be discussing tomorrow's budget.

I think the medical card for under fives is a very bad move, it would be far better to give cards to people who actually need them - i.e those with a serious illness/disability or people who can't afford to pay for GP visits.

But infants and children under 5 regularly get sick. Surely this move would be a great support for families with small children.

Giving free health care to people is "shambolic"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'd love to see somebody take a Constitutional challenge against the disparity in unemployment payments between people of differing ages. It smacks of discrimination to me.

They all should get nothing!

I heard Brian Hayes talking about Fine Gael's "universal healthcare" policy today, which seems a bit perverse considering they're taking medical cards away from cancer, MS, Motor Neurone Disease patients etc.
    Hypocritical bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,759 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The cronyism just continues under FG though.
    They say one thing and do the opposite and are just as bad for it as FF.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-29654177.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

coolhull wrote: »
    Rich-Boy Barret will answer any question - except the one he's asked.
    Poor little Rich-Boy.........it nauseates me to hear very well heeled politicians and journalists pretending to be concerned about the poor. The first time I hear any of them offering to take a pay cut to pay for extra benefits for the poor, I MIGHT start to believe anything they say.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Michael McGrath is wiping the floor with RBB.

Thank you Niamh for pointing out the folly of this idiot's thesis..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Giving free health care to people is "shambolic"?

The plan is shambolic, not the concept of giving people care. They are giving it to people who are not sick and ignoring the people who genuinely need it, i.e. those with long term illness.

Common sense would suggest that you give the free care to those who need it as of now. Surgeries will be flooded with parents bringing in their children with common illnesses, head colds, 24 hour tummy bugs. Young children get sick, they need to get sick to build up their immune systems.

Infants and young children have (free) access to Public Health Nurses/Area Medical Officers/Doctors so I don't see any need for a medical card unless the parents can't afford GP visits or the child has a particular illness or disability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Boyd-Barrett you absolute fool; how about we jack up our corporation tax, turf out the Foreign investors and go back to tending our potato patches in the back garden.

We don't have to double the Corporation Tax rate, but an increase of 1% or 2% wouldn't go amiss.

Anyone of us could end up in this dreaded group, all it takes is a change in financial circumstances, an accident or a life changing diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"Lend us your vote...".
    Vinny getting ideas. :D

• Advertisement

Are FG paying interest on the votes they "borrowed".:D

The plan is shambolic, not the concept of giving people care. They are giving it to people who are not sick and ignoring the people who genuinely need it, i.e. those with long term illness.

Common sense would suggest that you give the free care to those who need it as of now. Surgeries will be flooded with parents bringing in their children with common illnesses, head colds, 24 hour tummy bugs. Young children get sick, they need to get sick to build up their immune systems.

There's no evidence that that will happen. People currently with medical cards don't go to the doctors with these things.

The idea of free access to health to all regardless of income doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. The end of private health insurance would be a relief to many people.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Are FG paying interest on the votes they "borrowed".:D

The security for the loan has turned out to be mostly rubbish anyway.

The security for the loan has turned out to be mostly rubbish anyway.
    Those votes will probably end up in NAMA anyway.:D

Has Vinny been at the blue-rinse.

How can an undercover cop be in Love/Hate, surely his career as an undercover cop is over now that everyone knows who he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I've never seen Love /Hate in my life. Why would I want to read about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

How can an undercover cop be in Love/Hate, surely his career as an undercover cop is over now that everyone knows who he is?

Never heard such nonsense in my life........What next? Real life snitches??.....

Pathetic from An Garda Siochana members.

Only in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,759 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I read today that he had sought and was granted permission to act in the series. Apparently he did so while on leave and there was no bar on him doing so.
    Surely it would effect his present role in the Garda though and he will have to change roles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement